Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 04-03-2008 09:25:14

daveweb

including namespaces in splash page

I need to display 2 different categories on my splash page. The first is a "brands" category which has no direct products but contains 6 or 7 sub categories.

Then below I wish to display a category which has about 6 really good deals in it.

I have gone for the basic at first but tried more and more ways of getting this to work but to no avail. The code below is in place of "catlist" which i believe to be default.

Code:

$this->include_namespace($app,'catshow','brands');

$this->include_namespace($app,'catshow','offers');

This works to an extent, is shows the sub categories in "brands" but then lists all products below it (there are no products directly related to this category), then it displays the category header and description for "offers" but then lists all products as per above rather than the 6 which are contained within this category.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 04-03-2008 10:22:52

Dave

Re: including namespaces in splash page

The products you are seeing displayed probably have their "Display on Store Splash Page" field set to True which is why they are showing up.  If you set that field to False no products should be listed.

#3 04-04-2008 07:01:41

daveweb

Superb thanks for that, that solved the random products I was seeing.

I just have the problem that the products contains within the "offers" category are not showing, it pulls the category description down etc, just no products.

#4 04-04-2008 09:22:54

daveweb

Got around it by changing the file  private/app/gbu_prod/GBU_Prod

A few if statements to ensure it called the correct products. Not ideal I know but a workaround for now.

Last edited by daveweb (04-04-2008 09:23:05)

#5 05-23-2009 03:49:52

sushisushi
Website

i adding catagories to my splash page with this technique and it worked fine. Is ther a way or doing do the description doesn't show as mine are quite long. Thanks

Buy sushi making ingredients, sushi party kits and Japanese food at wwwsushisushi.co.uk

Board footer