Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 03-07-2009 11:05:32

cedexx

useless shopping cart solution.

Right, I have 6 months now of using this software so I'll explain you why you shouldn't buy it, especially for those guys in the UK.

First at all the CSS is useless, you can't add something like a drop down menu to the header as will leave gaps in-between the submenu items and the css code is not explained as it should be, you can't find where to eliminate the padding.

Useless seo - it's true that your website will go up a bit but you can't add scripts for tags, more images, image title, etc. and editing the source of it is a nightmare

BUGS - for example I'll log in with my admin username on the shop admin panel and on shop front page will display you're log in as... XXXX which are some of my customers, also if you try to login in again, on the email field of administrator you'll see emails from your customers.

templates - try to modify one and will be a real nightmare, you can't alter it as you should be able too as skin.php and the css are badly commented.

sage - it won't work.

payment - with hsbc is not working that's why we process the cc by hand.

shipping - you can't add for example more than 3 areas, and people ship to more than 3 sometimes, if for example I've got 4 prices for deliveries London, Manchester, Scotland Wales with different subareas and prices, no chance to doit, you need to stick to some of them, the custom made one is not working either all the time or on all products.

VERY dissapointed by the customer support as well as after you pay £250 + £40 for template which you won't be able to customize it you have to pay £1/minute if you try to call them and find out some other things.

#2 03-07-2009 14:19:57

posnpretty
Website

Re: useless shopping cart solution.

I'm sorry you've had problems with using the cart software. However, none of the problems you listed have anything to do with the software.

Mainly, it appears to me that you need some training in CSS. There are plenty of free online tutorials available if you just do a search for CSS help. It is not Kryptonic's responsibility to teach you CSS.

The problem you're having with the another login ID displaying on the front end (shop side) has been discussed ad nauseum on this forum - do a search for SID and you will find the solution to that. It is not a bug, but rather improper coding that you or someone else has added or changed in the cart software. It is NOT a bug in the cart.

If you bought a template, it is not supported by Kryptonic because Kryptonic did not develop the templates that are built by ZipSkins. If you are having problems with a ZipSkin template, you should be contacting ZipSkins for help. The cost of the template includes basic help, but if you need any major customizations you will have to pay for support from ZipSkins, NOT Kryptonic.

About your problems with Sage and HSBC, have you tried contacting those vendors for help?

I'm a very satisfied customer of Kryptonic and of CCP6, and I have had tremendous help on this forum without paying a dime for a support ticket.

Last edited by posnpretty (03-07-2009 14:21:36)

#3 03-08-2009 03:37:02

Dave

Thanks for your detailed feedback cedexx.

cedexx wrote:

First at all the CSS is useless, you can't add something like a drop down menu to the header as will leave gaps in-between the submenu items and the css code is not explained as it should be, you can't find where to eliminate the padding.

I'm sorry that you aren't happy with CCP.  I must disagree with you about the style sheet however.  Anything you need to do to style your site may be accomplished with the style sheet but for a somewhat advanced change as you describe a working knowledge of CSS would be required.  It wouldn't be a trivial change really.

The elements defined in the style sheet are pretty much self documenting.  Each of the element names is related to what it is used for throughout the site and a store owner may add any additional elements that they need of course.

cedexx wrote:

Useless seo - it's true that your website will go up a bit but you can't add scripts for tags, more images, image title, etc. and editing the source of it is a nightmare

Not quite sure what makes you believe you can't add scripts, additional images or image titles but all of those things are certainly possible.  Additional SEO enhancement is also available with the HD SEO XMOD which gives you even greater control over how things are presented.

cedexx wrote:

BUGS - for example I'll log in with my admin username on the shop admin panel and on shop front page will display you're log in as... XXXX which are some of my customers, also if you try to login in again, on the email field of administrator you'll see emails from your customers.

As posnpretty pretty said, this is NOT a bug in CCP at all and a quick search of the fora would have revealed the reason you see this as well as the solution (which posnpretty also described).  If this were in fact a bug in CCP people would have been beating down our doors a long time ago.

cedexx wrote:

templates - try to modify one and will be a real nightmare, you can't alter it as you should be able too as skin.php and the css are badly commented.

Any suggestions on how to improve the comments that you believe aren't adequate are also welcomed.

cedexx wrote:

sage - it won't work.

I'm not aware of anyone who's had problems with Sage.  Have you posted here in the fora about the problems you are having?

cedexx wrote:

payment - with hsbc is not working that's why we process the cc by hand.

Again, I've not heard of anything who hasn't been able to get the HSBC gateway working.  A post here in the forum would get you quite a bit of assistance and I'm confident any problems you might have could be resolved.

cedexx wrote:

shipping - you can't add for example more than 3 areas, and people ship to more than 3 sometimes, if for example I've got 4 prices for deliveries London, Manchester, Scotland Wales with different subareas and prices, no chance to doit, you need to stick to some of them, the custom made one is not working either all the time or on all products.

At the risk of sound redundant you may do literally anything with shipping calculations that you need to do.  I've seen custom shipping scripts that offer more than half a dozen choices based on where a person is.  If you look around here in the fora a little bit you'll see that people have asked for assistance with custom shipping scripts and had their requests satisified.

cedexx wrote:

VERY dissapointed by the customer support as well as after you pay £250 + £40 for template which you won't be able to customize it you have to pay £1/minute if you try to call them and find out some other things.

Have you taken advantage of the no cost support offered here in these forums?  There are a lot of people here ready, willing and able to help.  All you have to do is ask.

#4 03-10-2009 11:50:25

tamarameske

I have to completely disagree regarding the css. I've been working with CCP CSS exclusively for a few weeks now, and just yesterday I got into a CSS stylesheet for another program to customize it. It was strung out like spaghetti and I finally decided that I could more effectively write something myself. I kept wishing that it was formatted like CCP!

I do often have a hard time finding the correct php files to edit outside of my custom skin, as well as in the admin section of CCP. A search through the forums or manual usually rectifies that; barring that I've had great response from posting my questions here. And I know with a little time (i.e. practice) all of these things will become more intuitive.

Any time you purchase a new piece of software, it has a learning curve. As a professional this can be frustrating because time is money, but if you don't take the time to learn how to use your tools, you won't be able to utilize them.

Best of luck; I hope you find a solution that works for you. For me, if I continue doing shopping carts I'll be marketing CCP.

#5 03-11-2009 06:14:47

amdowney
Website

Useless SEO!? One of my websites http://www.agwoodcare.co.uk does very well in search listings. For the term Osmo it comes up under only the manufacturer. It doesn't look to bad either and I found the default template a lot easier to edit than Zen Cart/Oscommerce for Example. It may take a bit of modifying like anything to achieve the results you want!

Last edited by amdowney (03-11-2009 06:16:47)

#6 03-22-2009 15:23:26

Big Dave

I disagree completely about the SEO, as our sites have dominated and pretty much locked up the cats we want.

#7 05-12-2009 18:23:51

Stphnwrt

I have to throw my 2 cents in here. I have minimal knowledge of css, php, html, etc. I was able to open this puppy up and after about 2 days of thorough disecting and study and some time here in the forums, have been able to accomplish everything I have needed to do thus far with relevent ease. Some things have been a bit difficult to locate within the files, but as with any programming code, I guess patience and control F is of virtue. I hate to see a bashing of good software and this is certainly, to say the least, good software. Especially for the price they offer it at; and the support is superb. I haven't run into any issue yet that I wasn't able to resolve. Once you dig into it, you will actually find that ccp is quite user friendly. My personal oppinion of ccp so far is two thumbs up and am hoping that they continue to pursue this software diligently with future upgrades and versions.

#8 05-13-2009 08:38:08

paragonhost

Just my 2 cents .... I am new as new can be to CCP and so far I am very impressed. Logic and the POWER on the backend is amazing. Support has been fantastic with multiple response's in a day.

As well as building a xmod to support the amazing billing automation of ShipWorks

I have used all the open-source carts as well as paid carts such as SunShop ( which I think is great as well ) but CCP is VERY VERY cool...

And 7.0 will take advantage of Ajax and Web 2.0 stuff

Dave

Board footer