Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 04-20-2009 10:12:58

Shopper

Download files are not copied to public directory

Hi,

accidentally a one day old backup was copied over the public khxc-folder which normally shouldn't have a bad effect. The khxc-private folder is installed outside of the domain folder and is unchanged. The shop is installed on a Linux server with CentOS5. Software version of Hybrid X Core is 6.6.8 and of ClickCartPro is 6.0.7.

Since then everything works as before, except when an order for a download is placed, the download file is no more copied to the public download folder.

I checked for permissions which are set to 755 with the correct user and group (tried also 777), checked the contents of the folders which hasn't changed and checked this direct on the server and in the backend interface and don't find anything wrong.
The contents of the two download directories is shown in the backend interface with the exception that the contents of the private download folder shows not all 60000 files which are actually in that folder. But that was also before.

The email which the customer and we receive has the valid download link - only that the download file was not copied and renamed and therefore is not accessible.

Does anybody have an idea where and what to check before I have to re-install everything?

Thanks.

#2 04-20-2009 10:18:03

Dave

Re: Download files are not copied to public directory

Shopper wrote:

I checked for permissions which are set to 755 with the correct user and group (tried also 777), checked the contents of the folders which hasn't changed and checked this direct on the server and in the backend interface and don't find anything wrong.

What is the owner and group for the public downloads directory?  It should be most likely be the web server which is what it would have been when the CCP installer was run.

If that appears to be correct enable  long enough to see what, if any, error is being reported when the copy is done.

#3 04-20-2009 16:22:18

Shopper

Re: Download files are not copied to public directory

Thank you Dave.

The mistake was the owner and group of the public download folder.
I had the same owner and group like all other files, changed it to the user and group of the webserver - apache.apache - and then it worked again.

Board footer