Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 04-20-2009 05:42:50

robprotronica

Modify title display in detail product view

Hi,

For certain of our products we would like to add some additional text and graphics to the title bar shown in the product detail view.

The product description is currently displayed on a background image bg_head_title.gif. However, this background is also used in many other places as well so a simple modification to the background does not really work well.

The ideal would be to be able to create a detail product view that uses a different background image for the title.

However, being really new to php, looking at the product detail display it seems that the background image is getting called from somewhere else, so not sure if what we would like to do is actually possible.

Any thoughts on how we could change the title background for selected products?

Rob

#2 04-20-2009 06:46:15

west4
Website

Re: Modify title display in detail product view

Hi Rob,

If you edit the all.css for your skin and include:

Code:

td.khxc_ghost {
     color: inherit;
     background-color: inherit;
     padding: 0px;
     margin: 0px;
     vertical-align: top;

background-image: url('../media/YOUR-IMAGE.gif'); background-repeat: 
     no-repeat; background-position: left top;
}

add the background-image tag and this should give you a background image for your product descriptions.

Cheers,
Bruce.

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal labotomy.

#3 04-20-2009 07:42:38

robprotronica

Hi Bruce,

Thanks - tried your suggestion and this added my image under the titles in the category views not on the main product detail page.

Looks like this could be heading in the direction of a solution if there is a place in the style sheet that just controls the background image for the detailed view. We can make it work if every detail view title has the custom image -  better if we can select which products have the modified image - but I dont need to get the whole wish list smile

Rob

#4 04-20-2009 08:01:58

dh783
Website

I would think that the best way to do this is to create a new skin with all it's own css informations and then assign that skin to the product you want, which is done in the products information.

John

#5 04-20-2009 08:18:02

west4
Website

Hi Rob,

mmmmm...worked for me...

John is right though..clone your skin and use that to fiddle about with the settings. Set the cloned skin to a test product that only superusers can see, and you won't have to worry about the customers being messed about with. When you find the setting just use that skin on the products you want the background on, You could have many cloned skins with different backgrounds assigned to different products..

Have you got the "Web Developer" plugin for firefox? this helps locate the class in the css. but it's not perfect as my wrong example just showed.

I use a Zipskin do you?

Try: td.khxc_cptbl_det

Cheers,
Bruce.

Last edited by west4 (04-20-2009 08:36:32)

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal labotomy.

#6 04-20-2009 13:01:54

robprotronica

Hi Guys,

Thanks!

Some really great ideas, cloning the zipskin gives me everythng on the wish list and some possibilities that I had not thought of before! and all controlable from the product detail view.

Also thanks for the suggestion on only making the dummy product visable to superuser, I had been keeping dummy product hiden by only making them show up under a product id search.

Web Developer kit for Firefox also sounds very useful.

Rob

Board footer