Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 12-01-2008 13:58:17

javiera@arroyoc.com

One time use -- or expire by date coupon?

I can't figure out how (or if) what my client needs is available. Basically she wants a "one time use" coupon (basically a 10% off your first order). I can't seem to get this to work no matter what I setup in the coupon master, optionally if I could set a date that would be a workaround, although not ideal. What am I missing?

#2 12-01-2008 14:52:21

dh783
Website

Re: One time use -- or expire by date coupon?

First question is how are you testing the discount??

Second all you should have to do is set it's Discount Code Type* field to Expiring Discount which will go inactive if the gateway is set to post order updates on a completed order.

John

#3 04-13-2009 11:28:01

wyattea

I want to have a discount code that can be used once by a customer...to send to 200 customers. It should expire after a one-time use, but from what I understand, the FIRST person to use the discount code will make it expire. Am I supposed to make 200 unique discount codes for these customers??? I want to send the same code to 200 customers as a 'try us again' discount.

James...

#4 04-13-2009 11:41:58

Dave

wyattea wrote:

It should expire after a one-time use, but from what I understand, the FIRST person to use the discount code will make it expire.

That is correct.

wyattea wrote:

Am I supposed to make 200 unique discount codes for these customers???

Yes and it would be pretty easy to accomplish if you created the discount table entries using a CSV file.  You wouldn't even need to worry about tying a specific code to a specific customer either as long as you used each discount code only once when sending your notes to the customers.

#5 04-13-2009 12:21:54

wyattea

yeah, that's easy...but I'll need a time machine to go back three weeks in time and not print the discount code on my postcards smile  I'm printing additional 'biz card' size cards that say the code expires by a certain date, that'll fix the problem for now. The biz cards were being done anyway to remind them of secretary's day.

Board footer