Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 04-06-2009 11:11:23

stage

Delivery Method not properly assigned

Hello All,

I added a bunch of products from a CSV file via my ATA DataPort mod, as I have many times in the past.  I forgot to set the product_delmethod field to C -- instead I accidentally left it blank. 

Later, when I saw some orders come in with no shipping, I realized my mistake.  I uploaded a corrected file, with the letter C in that column.  But shipping is still not charged, and when I edit the product in Store Catalog / Manage Products, the Deliver Method is still blank.

However, when I look at the database, the letter C is in that field, just like it is for the old products that ship properly!

For the heck of it, I switched the Products to CSV mode and then back again, but that didn't fix it.

The Custom Shipping Script name field displays exactly the same thing, for all products, both working and non-working.

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Nathan

#2 04-06-2009 11:36:19

rachaelseven
Website

Re: Delivery Method not properly assigned

People added the product to the cart before you made the correction, but didn't check out until after?  That's about the only explanation that comes readily to hand, since the delivery method is stored in the cart and is not updated for that particular customer unless they remove the item from the cart and re-add it.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#3 04-06-2009 11:46:14

stage

But when I edit the item in Store Catalog/Manage Products, it comes up with Delivery Method set to blank.

However, when I look at the item by browsing the database, the product_delmethod field is set to C.

I don't know how to fix this without going through every new item using Manage Products and manually switching to Custom Shipping in the Delivery Method dropdown list.

#4 04-06-2009 12:30:52

rachaelseven
Website

Then the only explanation I can provide would be if there were actually something in the database other than the 'C'... perhaps an extra space or a hidden control character.  If you have access to phpMyAdmin, you could probably confirm that theory with a SQL statement to the effect:

Code:

SELECT *
FROM product
WHERE product_delmethod = 'C'

If it doesn't select the new products, you'll know something else is in that field.  To select all the ones that are not properly set to 'C', you could also try:

Code:

SELECT *
FROM product
WHERE product_delmethod != 'C'

Then, if you can determine what the field actually holds (it must hold something other than just C, or the CCP admin would read it correctly), you could probably correct them all with a SQL statement to this effect:

Code:

UPDATE product
SET product_delmethod = 'C'
WHERE product_delmethod = 'Whatever erroneous bit is there now'

Last edited by rachaelseven (04-06-2009 12:35:53)

Rachael Katz

#5 04-06-2009 14:47:48

stage

I did think of that and check as best I knew how, but thanks for teaching me the correct way to check.  I will do that and report back with the results.

Thanks!
Nathan

#6 04-06-2009 18:32:08

rachaelseven
Website

You're welcome, Nathan.  One other thought occurred to me... if EVERY product in your database uses a custom shipping script, you could do this to fix the bad ones, regardless of what they now contain:

Code:

UPDATE product

Or, to just plain set them all, you could do:

Code:

UPDATE product

Either of those methods would set  though, so make darn sure it's what you want before you execute either of those.  Good luck!

Rachael Katz

#7 04-06-2009 20:04:28

stage

Well I wasn't able to find out exactly what was in that field, but I was able to fix it using the info you provided.

When I did

Code:

SELECT *
FROM product

then within the displayed results, the product_delmethod field appeared to be empty.  But when I Browsed, it appeared to contain the letter C.  Oh well . . .

All of my products are C except for some pdf info sheets that are N, so I just did

Code:

UPDATE product
WHERE product_delmethod != 'N'

Thanks again Rachel!

Nathan

Board footer