Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 02-28-2009 16:00:46

dollyseller
Website

Progress Through Checkout Not Adding Up!

Hi
Whilst doing a false purchase for a customer, I actually took notice of my "Progress Through Checkout" headers, having implemented this mod quite some time ago (and never noticed anything wrong!).

It seems that what is happening on each stage/page of Checkout doesn't tally with what the Checkout Header says, e.g. when the customer is at the first Checkout stage, entitled "Billing and Shipping Info", they are actually being asked to give their address AND select a payment method, but the next step, entitled "Step 2 of 3 - Payment Method, actually asks them to select their shipping (or postage, as we Brits say!) method. 

And there are obviously more steps in MY Checkout process than the "Step 1 of 3" that it should be!

I would be really grateful if someone could do some test purchases (http://www.lolli-dollies-online.co.uk/c … i?pg=store) and then set out step-by-step exactly what I need to do to bring this mod back into line. I'm just surprised that none of my customers have ever commented on it...I really wish they HAD!
Here's hoping
dollyseller

Life's too short...so get over it!

#2 02-28-2009 16:53:50

rachaelseven
Website

Re: Progress Through Checkout Not Adding Up!

I'd love to help, Dolly, but that's a UK version only thing and I have no idea how it works.  I'd suggest maybe having a look under HTML Pages & Elements -> Manage Site Elements to see if there are some elements there that contain that text.  Otherwise, perhaps Charlie (celdirect) can jump in here an help, since he works with the UK version all the time.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#3 02-28-2009 17:12:21

dollyseller
Website

Thanks for coming back to me anyway, Rachael.
Charlie? Fancy bailing a girl out?! Please?
I really would appreciate it!
dollyseller

#4 02-28-2009 18:51:46

celdirect

Hi,

I put some test orders through -  and it looks find to me

step 1 - address

I add my address and select a payment method

step 2 -shipping info

I select how i want the order shipped

step 3 review

i review products and info i have entered

step 4 payment -

use your payment gateway ie cheque

step 5

order complete

I am not sure if there is a problem??

you can change what the headers say in these files

ste_chkout_pay1.txt

ste_chkout_pay2.txt

ste_chkout_pay3.txt  etc

which are in .../store/data/elements

You can only access these via FTP

I will look more into this, but this is my findings so far.

#5 02-28-2009 19:26:19

rachaelseven
Website

Hi Charlie,

I believe the issue was with the text above the step 1, step 2 bit, where it says "Step 1 of 3 - Billing and Shipping Info".  That line doesn't seem to jibe with the step 1 part below (there are 5 steps total, so x of 3 definitely does not make sense).  Are the elements you mentioned above where that text is located?

Rachael Katz

#6 02-28-2009 21:35:35

celdirect

I am so blind - sometimes,

I missed that bit above - why i don't know - its in a big font.

That part as i can remember is not part of ccp - the smaller checkout should be text in the files i mentioned - the larger font could be hard coded in the chkout file - (like mined is)

I would look in chkout.pl for chkout_pay and it might show the info for the larger heading around that item

#7 03-01-2009 15:32:52

dollyseller
Website

Hi Charlie
Thanks for helping out. I've now managed to amend the ste_chkout_pay1.txt (plus 2&3) files,  as you suggested, and to delete the defunct ste- etc 4 & 5 files, to refine the Checkout process down to just the three steps it should have with this mod, instead of the original five.

All I need to do now, is to amend the headers "Step 1 of 3 - Billing and Shipping Info" to "Step 1 of 3 - Billing and Payment Method", and change "Step 2 of 3 - Payment Method" to "Step 2 of 3 - Postage Method" and I'm there.
But I am still unable to locate where to amend this larger (heading) text. I have looked for chkout.pl for chkout_pay (via FTP) to see if it would show the info for the larger headings like you suggested, but I can't even find the chkout.pl file! Surely I must have got one, or Checkout wouldn't run at all? I don't know...!

Even though I'm more or less an amateur when it comes to backend coding, I can usually suss it out after a while, it's like a huge cryptic puzzle. But this has me stumped and it's SO frustrating!
Any more ideas?
dollyseller

#8 03-01-2009 16:21:00

rachaelseven
Website

chkout.pl is located in either cgi-bin/ccp51/library/modules/ or ccp51/cgi-bin/library/modules/.  Don't know what's in your chkout.pl, since the UK version is different, but that's where the file should be located, anyway.

Rachael Katz

#9 03-01-2009 16:52:21

dollyseller
Website

Hi Rachael
Thanks, located the appropriate files quite easily. However, I have only amended the header wording, like I said I wanted to, and I am getting this message on trying to complete checkout:

"Script Execution Error
The following error was just encountered:

Final @ should be \@ or @name at /home/nas01l/l/lolli-dollies-online.co.uk/user/htdocs/cgi-bin/library/modules/ste_chkout.pl line 3047, at end of line syntax error at /home/nas01l/l/lolli-dollies-online.co.uk/user/htdocs/cgi-bin/library/modules/ste_chkout.pl line 3047, at EOF Missing right curly or square bracket at /home/nas01l/l/lolli-dollies-online.co.uk/user/htdocs/cgi-bin/library/modules/ste_chkout.pl line 3047, at end of line Compilation failed in require at /home/nas01l/l/lolli-dollies-online.co.uk/user/htdocs/cgi-bin/library/common/initialize.pl line 292. "

Any idea what I might have done wrong?
dollyseller

#10 03-01-2009 17:09:01

dollyseller
Website

PS - I changed the headings in Ste Chkout Intro and Ste Chkout Meth. I didn't touch any of the coding! I am unwilling to try what the Script Ex Error says to try, as there is an "or" in there, and I wouldn't know which to do, plus I have no idea where to find lines 3047 or 292! Help!
dollyseller

#11 03-01-2009 17:39:14

dollyseller
Website

Really panicking now!
I've been looking at the whole of the coding in ste_chkout.pl to try to find the coding for Step 3 heading, to compare to the Steps 1 and 2 that I changed the wording of, and the routine coding seems to end too abruptly, like this:

#######################################################################
# Ste ChkOut Meth Realtime Proc                                       #
#######################################################################

sub ste_chkout_meth_realtime_proc {

&initialize_sub_add('ste_chkout_meth_realtime_proc');

#########
######### This routine returns selection items for realtime shipping.
#########

my ($localint,$shiptype,$orig_country,$orig_stateprov,$orig_postalzip,$dest_country,$dest_stateprov,$dest_postalzip,$dest_rescom,@items) = @

I really can't see how I could have chopped this off, just by editing in Word/Notepad! How do I go about getting it back?!
dollyseller

#12 03-01-2009 17:43:14

rachaelseven
Website

It sounds like you erased a block in there, unfortunately.  I've emailed you, so you can attach a copy of your chkout.pl to me and let me have a look.  But I don't have the UK original, nor do I know anyone who does (Charlie's is way modified), so if a chunk is missing, we might have a real problem here.  Did you keep a backup before you started making changes?  I sure hope you did.  If not, it's probably time to email your host to see if they keep any backups of your site.

Rachael Katz

#13 03-01-2009 18:17:52

dollyseller
Website

Whew, panic over!
I don't know how I managed to wipe out half of the coding just by editing some headers, but I did!
Luckily, my husband remembered that we do have back up files of CCP51, so we were able to restore the coding. Checkout seems to be okay now, but I will certainly be doing some more test purchases - and no more mods! Lol
dollyseller

Board footer