Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 02-26-2009 17:13:38

dollyseller
Website

How to Left Align Category Descriptions

Hi
I center-justified the tags and category lists on my splash page (http://www.lolli-dollies-online.co.uk/c … i?pg=store) as I feel it is more user-friendly for my 95% female customer base.
However, I don't like the category descriptions (i.e. once you click and go into a category) to be centred, and would prefer them left-aligned like they were before I changed my category etc lists. I've tried adjusting the Update Category and Site HTML Layout sections in CCP Admin, but still can't figure out where to add the "align=left" tags. Is there a way to do this?

Life's too short...so get over it!

#2 02-26-2009 18:31:36

rachaelseven
Website

Re: How to Left Align Category Descriptions

There's a couple ways of going about this.  The first thing I would try is going to your admin, under HTML Pages & Elements -> Manage HTML Pages (System) and edit the page called "Online Store - Category".  It should look something kinda like this:

Code:

(CGIGET TYPE="SUB" VALUE="ste_exec_storehead")

(CGIGET TYPE="SUB" VALUE="ste_cat_desc")

(CGIGET TYPE="SUB" VALUE="ste_cat_disp")

(CGIGET TYPE="SUB" VALUE="ste_prod_disp")

(CGIGET TYPE="SUB" VALUE="ste_cart_shop")

You could try a couple things to left align the description.  I would give this a go:

Code:

</center>
(CGIGET TYPE="SUB" VALUE="ste_cat_desc")
<center>

That might do it, although Internet Explorer might still center it.  Another option would be like this:

Code:

<p style="text-align:left;">(CGIGET TYPE="SUB" VALUE="ste_cat_desc")</p>

Either of those ways, if they work, will take care of every category.  If they don't work, the other way will require you to go into each category setup page in your admin and wrap a left align paragraph tag around the description.  So for each category, it would change from:

Code:

This is your category description text.  It talks about your category. Impsum factum, etceterum etceterum.

To something like this:

Code:

<p style="text-align:left;>"This is your category description text.  It talks about your category. Impsum factum, etceterum etceterum.</p>

As I said, you'll need to do that for each category.  I'm not 100% sure which of these will work, depending on your site layout and such, but I think one of them will get you there.  Good luck!

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#3 02-27-2009 10:30:16

dollyseller
Website

Hi Rachael
Thanks for taking the time to get back to me.
I will certainly give those ideas a try, in the order you suggest, and will get back to let you know how it worked out.
dollyseller

#4 02-27-2009 17:11:12

dollyseller
Website

Yep, your first idea did the trick!
Had to do it in a few more places (i.e. Mailing List, Search etc) but everything is all aligned as I want it now.
Thanks again.
dollyseller

Board footer