Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 02-13-2009 08:19:24

GuitarPartsUSA

CGI vs PHP

I have been having a problem with customers getting a script error message when they click submit after entering their card information.  I have been told by the card processing company (First American Payment Systems/FirstPay.net)  that CGI is an older language and most systems are built to work with PHP and this is causing the problem.  He advised me to have the card information page changed to PHP.  Does he know what he is talking about?  Is it possible?  Who could do it?  Mark Aardsma at ATS Technical Services did a lot of work on my website but has moved into a new line of work and is not interested in working on CCP anymore.
Dennis Antel guitarpartsusa@yahoo.com

#2 02-13-2009 10:02:25

rachaelseven
Website

Re: CGI vs PHP

Rewriting CCP v5.1 from PERL (CGI) to PHP is not practical.  Personally, I think the card processing representative has no idea what he's talking about (v5.1 still uses PERL to process credit card transactions successfully for a LOT of us, including my company).  But if your particular card processor is going to require you switch to PHP, then you'll need to upgrade to a newer version of CCP.  If you need help with v5.1, you can contact Stephen at CartMod (wwwcartmod.com) as he is still happy to support v5.1.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#3 02-13-2009 10:15:15

vbsaltydog
Website

The rep at the cc processor did not know what he was talking about. A server does not know what programming language you used to send the post data, nor does it know what language you are using to parse the resulting post data. All that the cc processor's server requires is properly formatted post data transmissions over the http or https protocol. It does not see your servers source code used to generate, send, or parse the post data.

-Stephen

Latest CCP 7 XMods Available:

#4 02-17-2009 11:56:54

GuitarPartsUSA

I talked to the card company again and it seems the Rep was repeating something one of the higher level techs had said, and got it wrong.  This guy said they have something in their software that captures all errors, he checked my account since the first of the year and it shows no errors.  I have been told by a friend that it could be a server problem, maybe being slow at times causing the itermitant problem.  Any ideas on that?

#5 02-17-2009 12:09:29

vbsaltydog
Website

If there is a slow connection between your server and the cc processing server and a timeout occurs then this will definitely cause a processing error. I haven't looked at the particular code in a while but I believe CCP throws a different error message if it fails to communicate with the cc processing server vs. getting a response that denotes a failed transaction but as I said, I haven't examined the code for this in a while.

-Stephen

Latest CCP 7 XMods Available:

Board footer