Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 02-06-2009 02:18:06

posnpretty
Website

PayPal fraud protection upgrade notice

I received the following email from PayPal. I'm concerned that it may affect how CCP6 works with PayPal after the upgrade is effective sometime this month. I use PayPal Standard.

Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:21 AM
To: Cyndi Wiseman
Subject: Fraud protection upgrade coming soon

Hello Cyndi Wiseman,

We're pleased to inform you that PayPal is upgrading your free fraud tools. Starting in February 2009, Risk Controls will be upgraded to the new Fraud Management Filters. Your current settings won't change, but now there will be a "pending" status that allows you to manually review risky transactions.

What do I need to do?

For the new filters to work properly, your web developer or cart provider will need to update your PayPal integration. To get started, visit:
wwwPayPal.com/FMFresources

How do filters improve your business?

PayPal's new Fraud Management Filters help reduce losses from fraud and chargebacks. Use them to automatically identify suspicious orders, such as unusually high dollar amounts or transactions coming from certain countries. Set the filters to automatically decline suspicious transactions, or put them into a pending queue for manual review.

Once your PayPal integration has been updated you can get information on how to use the filters at: wwwPayPal.com/FMFguide

Thank you for your support,

PayPal   
© 2008 PayPal Inc. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at 2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131.

Will changes need to be made to CCP6 to accomodate the PayPal upgrade?

Thanks,
Cyndi

#2 02-06-2009 06:40:18

Dave

Re: PayPal fraud protection upgrade notice

Nothing in CCP should need to change.  If you turn on filters and something is flagged for review it shouldn't show up in CCP as paid which would be the only difference.  After review in PayPal you'd need to change the order status in CCP manually.

Board footer