Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 02-04-2009 15:19:22

CrownRoyal

pondering a different way to create Related Products

Related Products is pretty much the same as cross selling. CCP currently only offers the ability to manually enter comma separated indentifiers for this field. A huge undertaking when importing a large product line, and, its a stagnant list.

In my own store I built (not CCP), I generate a similar Related Products list where I queried the database for a keyword that suited the product. The crossref keyword was an attribute in the dB table so each product was assigned a keyword. The displayed list was products with the lowest number of page display hits and was sorted ascending. I did it this way so that the list would dynamically change on its own based on individual product page views.

Code:

if ($crossref=="") 
{echo "We are still working on some of the related products. If you see this message, then try our <b>Advanced Search</b> in the menu while we continue to work on the related products for this item.";} 
else
{$maxshowcrossref=40; // use whatever number
$related = mysql_query ("SELECT * FROM products WHERE prodkeyword LIKE '%$crossref%' OR prodname LIKE '%$crossref%' LIMIT $maxshowcrossref ASC");
while($row = mysql_fetch_array($related)) {
$totalnum = mysql_result($related, 0, 0);
extract($row);
}

//...display table...

I'm wondering if something can be done along the same lines with CCP?? You would need a new attribute for the crossref keyword and a field for tracking page hits. I don't know yet if page hits are tracked in CPP.

Last edited by CrownRoyal (02-04-2009 15:28:32)

#2 02-04-2009 15:55:24

dh783
Website

Re: pondering a different way to create Related Products

Any thing is possible. Page hits are tracked in ccp they would be in the khxc_statsfe database for the front end pages.

I my self created a mod that keep track of products that are sold with others, and when ever a product is added to the cart, displays a scrolling list of the the products which have been sold with that item.

John

#3 02-04-2009 16:11:37

CrownRoyal

So I could create my own table and query khxc_statsfe. Would I be looking to edit the Detail View page?  (Displays: Skins, Menus, XHTML Includes and Messages > Manage Catalog Product Displays: Detail View)

#4 02-04-2009 16:37:30

dh783
Website

If that is where you want it but I would create a new class and function and just place the include statement in the product detail displays.

John

#5 02-04-2009 17:20:58

CrownRoyal

That's a fairly new area for me. Can you provide some direction in creating a new class and function? Is it in the Program Manage Namespaces?

Last edited by CrownRoyal (02-04-2009 17:22:37)

#6 02-04-2009 19:49:09

dh783
Website

It would require creating new namespaces, includes and the class with it's functions. If you fellow the add to cart button (for example) it points to a namespace in the khxc_namespace database (addtocart) which in-turn redirects the output to the function addtocart (information in the pointer field for namespace addtocart) in the class CCP_Cart/CCP_Cart.php (GBU_Cart/GBU_Cart.php for UK) which does all the work inserting the product into the cart and setting up and calling the includes for displaying the result.

John

Last edited by dh783 (02-05-2009 07:44:30)

Board footer