Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 12-14-2008 08:49:49

classicfox

Home Page Layout

I am trying to get rid of the Features Product display form the home page which I understand has the array name of 'prodfeature' . I would like to replace this with all catagories being displayed with a thumb image and Catagory name. I cannot appear to work out if this is possible or not. Any support would be greatfully recieved, however, I do understand that I need to edit the required script with a new array name. Not sure what this would be in the case of my requirements above.

Thanks

Kevin

#2 12-14-2008 09:53:51

dh783
Website

Re: Home Page Layout

If I understand what you want you should be able to get what you wanting by editing the splash page at Home > ClickCartPro (GBU) > Web Pages: Web Page Management > Manage Web Pages > Splash and change this line from:

Code:

<?php 

$this->include_namespace($app,'prodfeature',array());

?>

to

Code:

<?php 

$this->include_namespace($app,'catshow',array());

?>

John

#3 12-14-2008 12:49:53

classicfox

Hi John

THanks for the information. I have now carried out the edit but now the following test appears on the screen.

There are no items to display for the requested page. Please use the menu to continue

I am note sure why it should be showing this as all catagories appear to be set up correctly, unless I have over-looked something, and images have been uploaded as a thumb for each catagory.

Any ideas?

THanks

Kevin

#4 12-14-2008 12:56:41

Dave

The catshow namespace that John suggested you change to requires a category name.  Calling it without parameters does not result in all categories being displayed.  There isn't a namespace/function that will simply show the categories in the format you desire Kevin.  If you marked all of your categories as featured and when back to using the line you changed which referenced prodfeature you should be able to get most of them to show up.

#5 12-14-2008 13:05:15

classicfox

Hi Dave

Afraid I think I am a little lost here! I understand you are saying that I cannot get the layout that I want and suggest reseting the array to prodfeature. This I understeand but I am confused over how I marked the catagories as 'featured' as I cannot locate an option for this. Perhaps its just me but I am sure you will point me in the right direction.

THanks

Kevin

#6 12-14-2008 13:06:54

Dave

Awk, sorry, me bad.  Featured is for products not categories.  Apologies.  Off hand I can't actually think of a way to have the categories displayed on the splash page.

#7 12-14-2008 13:12:02

classicfox

WHat about individual catagories?

WHat I need to achieve here is a display several rows of images with 4 images per row. If this is acheivable in some other way then that will suffice. WHat I find frustrating is that featured products appears to be limited to just 5 items, something my boss wont be too happy with!.

Kevin

#8 12-15-2008 05:56:54

classicfox

Thanks for that. I have also changed to code and settings for Featured Products and allocated products to be featured, however, it appears that this is not displaying on the splash page.  THis is the case even when not entering the other code that you provided so it obviously isnt that.

#9 12-15-2008 06:10:05

classicfox

Ok sorted. I had deactivated it and forgot !!! Been a long weekend yikes)

#10 01-28-2009 12:02:36

robprotronica

Hi Guys,

Found this thread really useful and have got my site doing what I want linking to the correct categories. Only problem is somewhere along the line the title "Online Store Featured Items" has started displaying incorrectly. When the page displays, the title is not visable, but if I scroll over the area where it should be, the text comes up.

I think I must have knocked something off with a cut and past - any ideas what it could be.

Rob

Last edited by robprotronica (01-28-2009 12:03:11)

#11 01-28-2009 12:23:36

dh783
Website

Check the css class for the title, sounds like it was changed, you can check the css file in W3c .

John

#12 01-28-2009 13:24:25

robprotronica

Hi John,

The css file has been modified to make most of the text larger but the title was showing up fine until I changed splash.php which makes me think that it was something I did there.

However, the text size is now what people are telling me they want - so if the issue is with the text size, can I increase the hight of bg_feat_title.gif to get around the problem?

If so do I just resize the image or do I have to do something else as well?

Rob

#13 01-29-2009 09:29:32

robprotronica

Hi John,

Tried reverting to the original unmodified css and the title "Online Store Featured items" still does not display until scrolled over.

However this behavior is only in IE both Safari and Firefox display correctly so as I use Safari most of the time it may be that this title has actually never shown up with IE and I only noticed when I was making some changes using a Windows machine.

I have checked Safari and Firefox with XP, Vista and OS X, perfect display all occasions. IE 7 on Vista and XP does not display correctly.

Unfortunately I guess that most users are IE so somehow it would be good to find a fix for this.

Rob

#14 05-22-2009 11:40:55

djskirtsweb

I can do this change for a small fee. Email me at webmaster@djskirts.com

You can see the change here: http://www.djskirts.com/store

It could of been done by some simple HTML coding under  - Click Cart Pro > Displays: Skins, Menus, XHTML Includes and Messages > Update Skins -

1) Select the skin you are using

2) Select Update Splash.php

3) After the:

<?php

$this->include_namespace($app,'prodfeature',array());

?>

4) Now You can hard code it by using HTML. To make this process quicker you can go to the Store Home located under Online Store Menu. Right click and select view source. Look for

</div><div class="khxc_storehead">Categories</div>

Now copy everything below that to <td id="skin_ct_rcol">.

5) Now paste it to you skin.

6) Edit the <Table> line in the new paste by deleting the ID= so you should have something like this:

<table class="khxc_cptbl_cat">

7) IMPORTANT *** DONT FORGET TO UPDATE THIS WHEN YOU ADD OR DELETE CATAGORIES !!

Board footer