Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-20-2009 16:54:56

mystixls

Managing Online Orders & Viewing Invoicesno longer lists recent orders

I read how to add additional choices in Order Status by editing the config_tracking.csv. After doing so, I no longer can see any of the most recent orders listed when I open Manage Online Orders & View Invoices using the Administrator panel. I re-edited the csv file to its original state and still cannot view any of the orders. What can I do to fix this? Please help!

Kevin

#2 01-20-2009 17:42:29

rachaelseven
Website

Re: Managing Online Orders & Viewing Invoicesno longer lists recent orders

You have corrupted your config_tracking.csv table by transferring it in the wrong format.  When using FTP tables (CSV files) must be transferred in BINARY mode.  If tables are transferred using FTP in ASCII mode, that will corrupt the table and cause that sort of error.  The only way to repair the installation is to get an uncorrupted copy of config_tracking.csv, such as from the original zip file, and re-upload the file in binary mode.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#3 01-20-2009 17:43:16

rachaelseven
Website

The other possible cause is if you editted the file with a MAC or Excel and corrupted the file.  The remedy is the same as mentioned above - revert to an unmolested backup.

Rachael Katz

#4 01-20-2009 17:59:27

mystixls

Thanks a million, Rachel! I found the original file from my downloaded copy of the software and FTPed it in binary. All is well again. I will hesitate to edit the table agin until I better understand how to edit csv files. I used Notepad. Could that have contributed to the problem?

Kevin

#5 01-20-2009 18:42:42

rachaelseven
Website

You're very welcome.  Notepad should be fine; just remember to transfer the file up and down in binary mode and you should be fine.  And of course, always keep a current backup!

Rachael Katz

Board footer