Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-16-2009 03:44:52

about2flip

RE: Add Calendar in pg=ste_chkout_proc

Hi:

I want to insert a calendar script in ste_chkout_proc, where displays the subtotal, ask for the customers information, displays the promo code, and the payment method section.

I don't see the elements except checkout - secure checkout. How can I create a calendar element, and insert it into the page that displays the elements in ste_chkout_proc.

I hope that makes since.

Thanks for your help.

#2 01-16-2009 09:49:37

rachaelseven
Website

Re: RE: Add Calendar in pg=ste_chkout_proc

I don't think there is a real simple answer to what you're asking... that sounds like something that will require quite a bit of work and might best be left for a professional mod.  There actually is only one checkout page - the varying content is all do to the PERL in ste_chkout.pl.  The content for the first checkout page is generated in ste_chkout_intro and that's where you'd need to insert the call to the new element.  Definitely a non-trivial task.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#3 01-17-2009 08:00:27

about2flip

Well I tried this and doesn't seem to be working, by the way I am using Tigra Calendar. I tired other ways to use the calendar, but I can't get the calendar to pop up. Yes, I have also tried linking using (CGIVAR)common_url_javascript(/CGIVAR) the link is there but it won't open. PLEASE HELP, or SUGGEST. -Thanks

1. Inserted this in ste_chkout.pl

########
######## Display the pick and delivery calendar
########

&display_print('ste_calendar');

#########
######### Display the payment method field.
#########

&display_print('ste_chkout_paymethod');
----------------------------------------------------------------------

2. then I created my calendar element ste_calendar:

<!-- link calendar files  -->
    <script language="JavaScript" src="calendar_us.js"></script>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="calendar.css">

</head>

<body>

<form name="testform">

<!-- calendar attaches to existing form element -->
    <input type="text" name="testinput" />
    <script language="JavaScript">
    new tcal ({
        // form name
        'formname': 'testform',
        // input name
        'controlname': 'testinput'
    });

</script>
</form>

----------------------------------------------------

3. I uploaded and tested, and it is not being displayed. What am I missing?

Thanks

Last edited by about2flip (01-18-2009 08:44:39)

#4 01-18-2009 12:33:45

vbsaltydog
Website

You have several problems. You are closing the page header after the page header has already been closed and including external css file directives outside of the valid page header. You are also trying to put a form within a form and nesting forms is not allowed in html.

Latest CCP 7 XMods Available:

#5 01-18-2009 12:45:23

rachaelseven
Website

And duplicating the body tag, among other problems.  With so much invalid HTML, it can't possibly work.  Like I said, a decidedly non-trivial mod that is beyond the scope of free forum help.  Sorry.

Rachael Katz

#6 01-18-2009 15:46:57

about2flip

Hi:

This is the code from a calendar program rachel suggested in the forums by Tigra Calendar. The Javascript doesn't seem to open in the checkout form if I install it manually. It displays, but when I click on it, it is not opening. I saw some using the 5.1 tiki install on their site http://www.ordercrabs.com/item--Marylan … eCrabs1001

I just know how they got it work. All I'm asking for is maybe some suggestions how I can get Java to work withing the form right above payment method. I searched this forum since Friday, and can't find nothing.

Thanks

#7 01-18-2009 16:38:41

rachaelseven
Website

Take a look at the element ste_introins.txt.  That's where the form is started, so maybe you can put your script before the opening form tag and not break the HTML.  But really, this is an expert level project and I cannot do it for you (don't have the time, nor the knowledge).  If your coding skills are not up to the task, consider requesting a quote from Stephen - he does this for a living.  There aren't many other people still on the 5.1 forum, and even fewer with time to do free code, so I don't think you're going to get a lot of detailed suggestions on this one.

Rachael Katz

#8 01-18-2009 18:22:06

about2flip

Is there an element for shipping Method, can I place the calendar Javascript there?

#9 01-18-2009 18:51:32

rachaelseven
Website

Which shipping method... on the first page where it gives you "Ship to Billing" or "Separate Shipping Address"... or on the 2nd page where the shipping options are presented?

Rachael Katz

#10 01-18-2009 19:29:34

about2flip

On the second where it gives you the shipping options. I can't understand how my menu is JS and it works, is it because i placed it in ste_layout? and when I try to place this calendar in it is not working.

I don't want to continue to be a pest about this rachael, and I understand that my purchase of 5.1 is old and that no one is supporting it.

If I can't get this JS Calendar to work is there a way for me to put just a text box under the shipping options so customers can input a delivery date.

Thanks for replying.

#11 01-18-2009 19:37:04

rachaelseven
Website

Putting a calendar or a text box near the shipping options is honestly the least of your problems.  Getting that data back into CCP, processing it, and storing it will be by far the bigger challenge.  The part of the script that should be in the head tag does need to be placed in ste_layout.  The other part, that actually displays the calendar will need to be placed at the point of use.  As best I recall, the elements that are around the shipping methods on the 2nd page of the checkout are the ones that start with ste_chkout_shmth.  Which one goes where at what time though is completely beyond me at this point.  Sorry, but that's about the best I can do.  The only person supporting 5.1 is Stephen at cartmod.com, so if you get stuck, that's the man to talk to.

Rachael Katz

Board footer