Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-02-2009 08:42:30

frederickv

changing comment message in shipping info section

How do I change the "comment" message text in the shipping information section of the cart? I have looked at every site element in the admin and none of them seem to control this "field"
Thanks

#2 01-02-2009 11:36:50

rachaelseven
Website

Re: changing comment message in shipping info section

Not sure what text you're referring to... can you provide a screenshot or a link, or at least some more detail?

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#3 01-05-2009 06:54:37

frederickv

See the circled area on the screenshot

http://www.datadawgs.net/maple.jpg

#4 01-05-2009 09:23:12

rachaelseven
Website

Admin area, under Orders & Payment -> Manage Order Form Shipping Fields.  Click the Update link for the comments field and change the display any way you'd like.

Rachael Katz

#5 01-09-2009 23:38:18

theblade24
Website

I would like to move the shipping comments box to the next page, the shipping page. To appear either above or below the presented shipping options.

Often times a customer writes "Must be shipped overnight, need by tomorrow", only to go to the shipping page freak over overnight shipping costs. They then choose a lesser option only to leave the comment they entered one page back because they don't go backwards.

Is there a way to move the shipping comments to the actual shipping options page?

CCP 5.1
CCP 5.1
CCP 5.1

#6 01-10-2009 07:11:26

rachaelseven
Website

Well, as they say, anything is possible.  It does not strike me as straightforward though.  You'd pretty much have to hack the crap outta ste_chkout.pl, starting with ste_chkout_intro, which is where the field is currently dealt with.  It should be easy enough to take off the first page, I think; it is added to the list of necessary fields with a bit of code similar to this:

Code:

} elsif ($ordership_id eq "trackitem_shipcomment") {

$type = "TEXTAREA";
$param = "";

} else {

But getting it out is the easy part.  Putting it on the second page will require modifying ste_chkout_meth and then collecting and storing it will require modifying ste_chkout_meth_proc.  The exact details of how to pull that off are well beyond the scope of the forum though.

Rachael Katz

#7 05-26-2009 09:49:23

theblade24
Website

Rachel,

The shipping comment box shows when shipping to multiple addresses (billing and shipping).

When shipping setting is set to BILLING ONLY I'm not getting the shipping comment box.

Is that by design? Is there a setting?

Can code be added to make the shipping comments box show no matter the shipping setting, or at least be added to BILLING ONLY?

CCP 5.1
CCP 5.1
CCP 5.1

#8 05-27-2009 20:33:56

rachaelseven
Website

It might be by design... I honestly couldn't say, since I've never used that setting.  I suppose if you are shipping to the billing address, one could argue that you're not accepting a "shipping" comment.  Certainly since the shipping comment is tied to the shipping address (can have a different one for each destination, I believe), it makes sense that not displaying the shipping address would also not display the shipping comment.  You could use one of the additional checkout fields to add a general comment rather than a shipping comment (custom fields), which should accomplish the same thing.

Rachael Katz

Board footer