Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 12-23-2008 12:34:57

stage

can't find thread - using a validator in the contact form

Hi,

I thought I'd seen a post for a very simple validation mod, which comprised of one image containing numbers, and the customer had to type the numbers from the image into the form in order to send it.  This was a very simple solution, which always showed the same image to everybody, so the particular answer could be hardcoded.

I've done a fair amount of hunting and can't find it.

Ring a bell with anybody?

Nathan

#2 12-23-2008 16:37:58

rachaelseven
Website

Re: can't find thread - using a validator in the contact form

A formal captcha solution was discussed .  And it would appear that I outlined a method for a simple single-image captcha-like process .  I didn't remember doing it and found it with a search, but I guess I did.  It's not entirely complete - you still have to be competent in editing the contact page HTML to add the image and the text field - but it does give the necessary changes to the PERL code.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#3 12-23-2008 19:17:50

stage

Yes, that second one is what I was looking for - thanks.  I was searching for "spam" but it doesn't appear in that thread.

I've seen your link-blocking code, but I'm actually getting quite a bit of spam that doesn't include a web page.  It's total gibberish - no idea what they're trying to accomplish.  Anyway I thought I'd try the above approach since it seems so easy.  I understand that I need to get the image to display on the page, and add the input field.

BTW your first link seems to be incomplete.  Would appreciate seeing what you intended, in case it's something I missed during my solution search.

Thanks,
Nathan

#4 12-23-2008 20:07:04

Dave

stage wrote:

but I'm actually getting quite a bit of spam that doesn't include a web page.  It's total gibberish - no idea what they're trying to accomplish.

They are usually probing for holes/openings and/or vunerabilities with things like that.  Those are more of a fishing expedition than a spam attempt.

#5 12-23-2008 20:07:32

rachaelseven
Website

Sorry about the broken link - fixed now.  For the record, the post I was referring to was https://forum.kryptronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=13412

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#6 01-12-2009 11:25:19

vbsaltydog
Website

We (Cartmod) have an anti-spam mod that protects the contact us form and any existing, or newly created, dynamic forms. Here is the link:
http://www.cartmod.com/clickcartpro/antispam.html

-Stephen

Latest CCP 7 XMods Available:

#7 01-12-2009 21:09:06

stage

FYI, although I started this thread, I did actually end up buying the cartmod antispam mod.  Quite happy with it.  You can see it at the "Contact Us" link here:

http://www.stagesupply.com

Nathan

Board footer