Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 12-17-2008 20:34:14

grabie

suddenly not receiving order confirmation and decryption key emails

Hi, I noticed that there is an order in the admin area which was placed today. However, I didn't get the order confirmation and order decryption key emails as usual. Then, I placed a few test orders using all different payment method available in my store. Unfortunately, I still didn't get any order confirmation and order decryption key emails for those test orders. But I was able to send / receive regular emails thru the same email address. I was able to receive order confirmation and order decryption key emails yesterday...I did nothing on my store today and it is the first time I encountered this problem.

I checked the settings in Manage Store Settings and Manage Program Settings, everything looks fine...I've contacted my hosting company, they said mail delivery/EXIM side doesn't appear to be an issue.

Any ideas? Hope someone can help!

Grace

#2 12-17-2008 21:47:06

rachaelseven
Website

Re: suddenly not receiving order confirmation and decryption key emails

Do you get 'contact us' emails?  What about if you use the admin area to send an email?  CCP obviously didn't just change on it's own, although you should still check your email settings to make sure you weren't hacked.  I did once hear of a hacking attempt where the hacker put in their own email address in an effort to try to collect the credit card information.  So check that, make sure your host hasn't changed anything with their email configuration, and see if the other types of emails I mentioned above.  Then we can go from there.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#3 12-17-2008 23:04:07

grabie

Hi Rachael, I tried contact us emails, I did get them. I also tried to resend customer order email and resend internal order email from admin area, but I didn't get them. My hosting company just helped me look into the ccp admin area and changed the settings from SMTP Mail Server Name to Server Path to Sendmail. Now, the problem is resolved. I asked the hosting company why the SMTP Mail Server Name suddenly not working. They explained it may have been a recent major update to cpanel that tweaked a few things and didn't agree well with the system. It seemed to be unable to connected to the domain of the server it was locally on, so they tried Sendmail.

Thanks again Rachael  Grace

#4 12-18-2008 05:33:10

rachaelseven
Website

It could be that the SMTP server now requires authentication (a common security improvement) and CCP5.1 cannot do SMTP authentication.  When that change is made, the only workaround is to use sendmail, so your host pointed you to exactly the right answer.  Glad its resolved!

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

Board footer