Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 12-03-2008 11:02:13

enchant
Website

Email notification from address

Someone recently placed an order on one of my clients' sites.  The customer entered her email address incorrectly, misspelling the domain name.  My client's mail server does some rudimentary spam filtering, and if mail comes through from a non-existent domain, it dumps it.  So she didn't get the decrypt key.

Is there some way for me to configure CCP so that it sends notification emails from a fixed address rather than the customer's?

#2 12-04-2008 07:42:45

rachaelseven
Website

Re: Email notification from address

Not as a matter of simple configuration, no.  You'd have to do some PERL editing, possibly in different places for each type of email.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#3 12-04-2008 07:59:47

enchant
Website

Well, I'm not afraid of that.  Let me have a look.

#4 12-04-2008 08:15:43

rachaelseven
Website

If you're game to try, have a look at vars.pl... the vars_mailer subroutine, I believe.  You could probably change it so that instead of taking the 'from' address from the variable passed to the routine, it would instead use the $site_owner_email_address variable that you set in the admin.  That should cover most of your emails.  The other ones that come to mind that aren't covered there are the email a friend routine and the contact us routine.  But that should take care of the really critical order related ones.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#5 12-04-2008 08:17:37

enchant
Website

Thanks!  That'll save me a lot of searching.

Board footer