Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 11-21-2008 11:57:20

Digipark.com
Website

Duplicate entry (order id)

Checkout isn't working since migrating site to new server. Here's the error;

<!-- DISPLAY ERROR: SUBROUTINE ste_chkout_fin GENERATED MESSAGE: DBD::mysql::db do failed: Duplicate entry 'ORD10534' for key 1 at.....

The order id already exists. This site was in CSV and then converted to mySQL before migration. Is there a table somewhere that's either not auto-increment, or that lost order # data and thinks 10534 is the next order id to you?

Thanks...
John M Powell
Digipark.com

#2 11-21-2008 12:11:27

rachaelseven
Website

Re: Duplicate entry (order id)

The order number is stored in the tracking table.  The field is not auto-increment, but CCP queries the table when it is ready to assign a number, finds the highest existing number, and then assigns the next one.  It is highly unusual that you would have an issue of duplicates like that.  I would check that your new site is accessing the correct database (not looking to the old server), that CSV/MySQL is properly selected for the tracking table, and that database access works properly on the new server (try updating orders in the admin and such).  Having confirmed that, I would probably just delete that order or change its tracking_id, and see if things start working normally.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#3 11-22-2008 10:35:27

Digipark.com
Website

Re: Duplicate entry (order id)

Rachael,

Thanks for the lead. This was on CCP5.0. There were higher order #'s on that table, but for some reason it wasn't choosing that one. It looks like there may be some other temp variable that held the latest order id (in another table or CSV file it was accessing that I wasn't aware of). I was able to finally get it caught up to where it needed to be by simply refreshing the page until the error went away (allowing the credit card payment processing to finally take place).

Thanks again...
John M Powell
Digipark.com

Board footer