Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 11-06-2008 05:47:05

phunter121
Website

Storing the Shipping Method

Does anyone know where CCP stores on its database the shipping method selected by the customer during checkout?

I noticed there is a field 'shipping method' on the trackitem table, but this does not seem to get populated.

It does not seem unreasonable to want to be able to see the description of the shipping method the customer has selected!

Peter Hunter

#2 11-06-2008 11:39:14

rachaelseven
Website

Re: Storing the Shipping Method

It is stored in the trackitem table, in the field trackitem_shipmethod.  The only reason that field would not be populate is if the item is not shipped.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#3 11-11-2008 03:11:38

phunter121
Website

Many thanks for that,

Do you know at what point is the field populated. I have changed the status of the item to shipped and the shipping method is still not populated ?

Peter Hunter

#4 11-11-2008 09:14:07

rachaelseven
Website

You're welcome.  I was not referring to the status of the item on the order being shipped or unshipped, but rather to the type of item itself.  In other words, if the item is not set up as a shipped item (in the product definition), it won't have a shipping method.  Changing the item from unshipped to shipped on the order page will not populate the shipping method field.  That happens when the order is placed, after the customer completes the 2nd step of the checkout.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

Board footer