Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 11-01-2008 05:54:16

mia
Website

intermittent script execution error out of the blue

Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this error message i get intermittently. Not always and not all browsers all the time just all of them some of the time. The shop has been working perfectly for a long time this is a new thing all of a sudden.
Could it be an intermittent connection to the database? Or should I look in CCP for a problem with the script.
Obviously time for move to 6.0 but need to get this clear before doing a migration me thinks
thanks for any help

SCRIPT EXECUTION ERROR
The following error was just encountered:
install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't locate DBD/mysql.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/cluster1/data/d/i/1175027/cgi-bin/ccp51/modules_lib /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.6 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8 . /home/cluster1/data/d/i/1175027/cgi-bin/ccp51/modules_inc /home/cluster1/data/d/i/1175027/cgi-bin/ccp51/modules_dbi) at (eval 14) line 3. Perhaps the DBD::mysql perl module hasn't been fully installed, or perhaps the capitalisation of 'mysql' isn't right. Available drivers: AnyData, DBM, ExampleP, File, Proxy, Sponge. at /home/cluster1/data/d/i/1175027/cgi-bin/ccp51/library/common/database.pl line 232

Jon Levy
foto8.com

#2 11-01-2008 10:53:49

rachaelseven
Website

Re: intermittent script execution error out of the blue

A script problem wouldn't be intermittent - the code would either be right or not.  Likewise, my first hunch about the host having changed the PERL configuration also would not be intermittent, so the answer here is not immediately obvious.  Intermittent DB connection seems possible, although that isn't what the error message would seem to imply.  This is definitely a problem with the host though, so probably worth contacting them to see what they say.  If you aren't able able to get it cleared up, you might want to contact Stephen at cartmod.com for some paid support work.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#3 11-03-2008 18:20:25

mia
Website

thanks Rachel. Will check w the host. It's wierd sometimes I reload and page works othertimes doesn't.
I have trouble reseting db connection because some tables do not respond to turning back to csv mode. And thus can't access setting whilst still connected to it.

Server was moved a few months back but I thought I had sorted connection again. I do get many transactions but if if I am experiencing this then many other shoppers will be too that I am missing.

Btw also occurs sometimes in admin side of ccp.

Iguess must be connection/table/db inconsistencies. Time to start 6.0 asap me thinks.
J

Jon Levy
foto8.com

#4 11-04-2008 09:14:32

rachaelseven
Website

You're welcome, Jon.  I'd say it's either time for an upgrade to 6.0 or possibly a move to a dedicated server.  Which tables won't switch back to CSV?  If it's the tracking or trackitem tables, the problem is probably that they have become too large for CSV mode.  In that case, you'd have to clear some old data before changing them back.  Alternatively, you could reset the maximum CSV rows by editing tables.csv.  It is also possible to trick CCP into thinking it's running in CSV mode so that you can reset the database connection by editing that table as well - just be careful not to lose your data in the process (back up first!).

Rachael Katz

#5 11-07-2008 14:19:44

mia
Website

Rachel
Had this reply from Hosting company about the error. they say:
"We are now able to reproduce the issue with the additional information.  That being said, the error being given is because your PERL scripts are loading custom versions of the DBD and DBI PERL modules which were not compiled natively on this hosting plan.  You need to either recompile your PERL modules, or move your old compiled modules out of the way and use the modules we provide for DBI and DBD in PERL scripts.  Otherwise, this error will not go away."

Can I "move my old compiled modules out of the way"? How would I do that? Or recompile them? Is that difficult to do?

Thanks for table tips on switching back to csv. Yes its the tracking and trackitem tables. I may just dump and delete information on them and start with a clean sheet to get it all switched back to csv for now. That would work right? Though its a bit hard working on the admin side with the constant interuption of script error messages.

Thanks so much for your advise, strange about the modules this just happened this week out of the blue.
best
Jon

Last edited by mia (11-07-2008 14:21:27)

Jon Levy
foto8.com

#6 11-09-2008 13:46:43

rachaelseven
Website

It might be that the intermittent error is due to a timeout because of the large tables, if the host has the MySQL server set up with tight restrictions... just a thought.  As for the PERL modules, I don't know that you would have the access (or the source) to recompile them on a shared server.  If you want to 'get them out of the way', you could just rename them temporarily (change the extension to .bak or something like that).  That would force the server to check the other locations and use the native modules, if they exist in the path.  If it doesn't work, all you have to do is rename them back.  As for the tracking and trackitem tables, if the problem is indeed their size, dumping them should fix the problem.  That would also take care of the problem if it happened to be a bad entry; so as long as you are sure you don't need that data, dumping the tables wouldn't be a bad way to start.  If you do need the data, you could do an export through phpMyAdmin before dumping them so you could reload them later if need be.

Rachael Katz

Board footer