Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 11-04-2008 05:32:28

nigel13

affiliate set-up

CCP5.1

I have tried to start using affiliate management (as per the software manual) and have entered myself as a test affiliate.  I have not received any email giving a special URL link or indeed any email.   Also Affiliates do not appear as an item on the Shopping Cart menu.  If the heading is normally there whether used or not it is possible that I was given an adjustment by Howard Galpin to stop it showing.  If this is likely to be the problem please say where this adjustment would have been made.

Nigel Worthington

#2 11-04-2008 09:18:47

rachaelseven
Website

Re: affiliate set-up

I don't recall exactly how the affiliate system works, as I don't use it and only played with it once long ago.  But if memory serves, you have to go into the admin to approve the affiliate and trigger the email.  Also, I think for the emails to get sent, you have to sign up for the affiliate account through the front end, which I'm guessing you couldn't do since the affiliate link was not there.  If the affiliate link has been removed, that would have been done in the site layout, which you can access through HTML Pages & Elements -> Manage Site Elemetns -> Site HTML Layout (Update).  Hopefully it was only commented out and you can return it to the layout by removing the comment tags.  If not, you should have a look at the original layout which came in the zip file to see how it was done there (in the file ste_layout.txt).

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

Board footer