Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-19-2005 02:55:01

cornweb
Website

Problem With Duplicate Next>> Link

Can you tell me how to remove the duplicate Next Set >> link on the product pages.
Since re-installing the cart the problem has come up again.

Many thanks

Mark Bowles
Cornweb

#2 08-19-2005 09:26:08

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Problem With Duplicate Next>> Link

Post a link and info on any mods you have and we can help.  Based on your message, I don't know what you're talking about.

Nick Hendler

#3 08-19-2005 16:26:31

cornweb
Website

Hi

If you visit the link below you will see the duplicate Next Set >> link i.e. the link is duplicated twice.

I have learnt that this can cause problems with Google.

Mark Bowles
Cornweb

#4 08-20-2005 07:39:03

dtwg
Website

Looks to me like a small coding problem with the SEO module in ste_prod.pl. I think Mark ordinarily comments out the original Prev/Next link code and adds the SEO Prev/Next code. It should be an easy fix. If you're not up to tackling it, I'd see if maybe Mark at ATS can go in and do a quick edit.

Dave

#5 10-30-2008 05:44:17

crasher999999

Has anyone else had & managed to find out what causes this problem (had the ATS SEO mod installed a while ago & I'm getting a similar, 'Next>>' related problem?).

It's not really a major issue, just one of those things that irritates me!

I've tried contacting ATS, but, no response!!

I know it something to do with the ste_prod.pl file. But which part?

#6 10-31-2008 19:02:26

crasher999999

Anyone??

#7 11-01-2008 10:09:09

rachaelseven
Website

ATS is no longer doing any service work.  I don't use the next/previous things, so I'm afraid I don't have the answer for you.  The only good option at this point, aside from debugging the code yourself, would be to contact Stephen at cartmod.com - he's the only person left doing paid support work on version 5.1 as far as I know.  FWIW, if you look for this comment, it will get you to the section where the next/previous links are generated:

Code:

#########
######### If the number of rows available exceeds the number we're
######### allowed to display per page, we print next and previous
######### links where they're available.
#########

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#8 11-02-2008 09:37:07

crasher999999

Thanks for the reply Rachael. I know ATS aren't doing the support/custom work, but, they are still installing the mods!! I wanted to get a few of their mods done before they stop CCP51 work completely. Just a bit of a bugger that you can't get a response from them regarding problems/errors with mods they have installed (even a 'sorry, too busy.....try looking at XXX file & XXX area of the file' reply to the emails would be nice!!).

Thanks for the info though, I've located the area where the error is generating from.

If I manage to figure it out (ha ha ha...like the blind leading the blind!!!), I'll post in on here as it looks like a few other peeps have had a similar problem.

Board footer