Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 10-22-2008 01:22:15

MatthewWH

Invisible items?

I have recently uploaded up a number of new products, listing them in existing categories that already have products in them.

For some reason the new products are not visible in the categories, yet if I set them to show on the home page they appear as normal. I have re-checked the category reference strings and they are fine.

I was a little concerned that there may be a limit to the number of products you can list as I have just passed 1000, but other posts on here suggest that this is not an issue.

Any help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Matthew

#2 10-24-2008 09:13:38

rachaelseven
Website

Re: Invisible items?

Can you provide links so we can see the issue?  Which products are problematic?  Links to the category pages and home page would be helpful, as well as noting which products are having issues.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#3 10-25-2008 01:32:48

MatthewWH

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for your post.

The problem only seems to affect the last 17 items, all of which were duplicates of only two items:
"1/2’’ (12mm) .032 Gauge 3 tpi Hook Heavy Duty"
"5/8’’ (16mm) .032 Gauge 3 tpi Hook Heavy Duty".

I just kept backing up and amending the product number and reference string, price, category and options and then hitting submit again.

This system has worked really well up to now, creating subcategories for my bandsaw blades so that the user can go straight to the appropriate category for their size of machine and only see the blades that are suitable to use on it and the correct prices. They can then choose the exact length required using the options dropdown. I've got another 60 types of blade to list in 15 categories, so when I had gathered enough enthusiasm to repeat the back, edit, submit process 900 times I got stuck in. After 17 items I came up for air and realised that nothing was appearing.

The category reference strings seemed like the most likely source of the problem, but they change with each submission and are copied and pasted from the spreadsheet I use to keep the whole process organised, so I couldn't have got them all wrong.

The category page is 

...and the home page 

If you can think of anything else that might be causing the problem I'd be most grateful.

Cheers,

Matthew

Last edited by MatthewWH (10-25-2008 01:47:23)

#4 10-27-2008 10:54:40

rachaelseven
Website

Hi Matthew,

Sorry, not a clue.  The only thing I can think of is that sometimes a " symbol will mess things up - maybe your cut/paste method forced that symbol in somehow where CCP would normally have converted it to a pair of ' symbols.  Either that or the category reference strings you pasted in have something extra and hidden in them that is keeping them from matching up with the categories.  Honestly I'm pretty stumped.  Sorry.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

Board footer