Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 10-21-2008 10:40:57

Mr. Pink
Website

Setting up USPS WebTools (need help)

For various reasons I advised a client to buy CCP 5.1 instead of v.6.

Also, I have been using 5.1 on my own site, successfully, for a couple of years. I cannot remember exactly how I set things up, a couple of years ago, on my site. Now I am having trouble setting up the USPS WebTools fro my client, and the instructions are not 100% clear.

So far this was done:

1 - My client applied for a USPS account and received an email with his username and password.

2 - I used his username and password in the "Shipping Settings>USPS WebTools Connection" and I now get a message that it is active.

3 - I changed the shiprealtimep.csv file, with updated entries, as I remember I had to do it on my site, when USPS changed their APIs.

4 - I made sure the ste_ship.pl file has the updated data in CAPS, as it had to be updated several months ago.

5 - I made sure the products have Delivery Method set to "Realtime Shipping Rates" and the Realtime Method selected as "USPS WebTools" as well as correct entries for weight and dimensions.

When I make a test purchase and check-out CCP returns "standard carrier".

Have I missed anything in setting up the USPS WebTools?

Thank you...

Last edited by Mr. Pink (10-21-2008 10:42:38)

If I didn't have to waste my time on stupid things, such as doing my laundry, I would be a rich man.
If I were a rich man, I wouldn't have to waste my time on stupid things, such as doing my laundry.

#2 10-21-2008 10:50:27

Dave

Re: Setting up USPS WebTools (need help)

Did you or your client call the USPS center and have their account switched to the production servers?

#3 10-21-2008 11:47:50

Mr. Pink
Website

Dave,

No, this was not done. My client was the one who set up his own USPS account. So, it would make sense that they sent an email to him, with instructions to do what you say.

I will call him and get this cleared up.

Thank you for pointing out this detail.

If I didn't have to waste my time on stupid things, such as doing my laundry, I would be a rich man.
If I were a rich man, I wouldn't have to waste my time on stupid things, such as doing my laundry.

#4 10-21-2008 12:16:11

Dave

The note from USPS does have instructions but it may be a case of your customer waiting for you to tell him it's OK to go into production smile  A bit of a catch 22.

#5 10-23-2008 16:14:26

Mr. Pink
Website

Dave,

Thank you for both replies.

I am still having some trouble, though. My client activated the USPS account and got the last confirmation email. That email contains the following info:

The URLs you will use for the Production Servers are:
http://production.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPI.dll
https://secure.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPI.dll

Am I supposed to do something with these URL's to finalize the activation?

Thanks...

#6 10-23-2008 16:17:00

Mr. Pink
Website

Dave,

Sorry, I talked too soon.

Everything works fine now. I just made a mistake while I was testing the checkout.

Thanks for all your previous help.

Board footer