Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 05-25-2003 23:14:29

Jack

Is it ok to use br code in Product Description Field

Hello again,

Is it ok to use <br> code in Product Description Field, or does that really mess things up in the tables, rdbms, invoices, receipts, or anywhere else?

I have several long product descriptions that look much better in the store when I use <br> to control the line wraps

Best regards,
Jack

#2 05-26-2003 06:58:38

prolink

Re: Is it ok to use br code in Product Description Field

You mean Short Description and Long Description?
Go nuts, that's what it is for. Though I would keep the Short Description short.
The long description is where I "sell" the item so I typically use HTML to put things like dimensions and specs. in order with <br> <li> <b>, etc.

#3 05-26-2003 11:35:21

Jack

Hi prolink, thanks very much for taking the time to reply on a (in the U.S. holiday) weekend!

I'm sorry I wasn't more specific:

My question applies to the "Product NAME" field in the Update Products Screen, i.e. row 1 col 2 of that form.

It looks fine as the bold header or title for the product, but I just want to make sure it doesn't crash or screw up the display/printing of receipt forms, passing data to the sales logs, etc.

Very best regards,
Jack
wwwmultiples.com

#4 05-26-2003 12:18:37

BooBoo
Website

1.  Either it will cause a br to the next line for the Product Name or it will print the br field on the invoice.

2.  What effect are you trying to achieve by printing to a new line?

--
Keith Roberts
IT Manager
Laptops For Less, Inc
keith@getadeal.com
<a href="http://www.laptopsforless.com">Your source for laptop batteries, pda batteries, digital camera batteries, cell phone batteries, and accessories</a>

#5 05-27-2003 11:57:42

Jack

>1.  Either it will cause
>a br to the next
>line for the Product Name

That's what I want.
>or it will print the
>br field on the invoice.

tacky but I could probably live with it as long as it doesn't screw up the database.
>
>2.  What effect are you
>trying to achieve by printing
>to a new line?

Controlling line breaks for display of the item title, instead of line wrapping at arbitrary points in the narrower table cells for items on the splash page, etc.

Thanks for your input!
JJ

#6 06-04-2003 10:42:58

webmaster
Administrator
Website

All HTML is parsed out of everything before info is sent via mail, and HTML will not blow up the db tables, so you're good using HTML in the product name field.

Nick Hendler
Webmaster, Kryptronic, Inc.

Nick Hendler

Board footer