Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#26 10-06-2008 13:34:56

jonsidneyb

Re: Script Execution Error

My host as of yesterday is looking at the software so I now have four people working on it.  Seems to have gotten no where.

The thought of the upgrade was to try and solve the sql problem.  One of the people that has been working on this thinks the only fix is reloading the software.  Since Kryptronic did the install I don't have it.

What they are telling me is they don't know what username and password to give the database so that ClickCart will recognize it.   The thought was a new install would do the username password process again so that they could know what to use for the database.

#27 10-06-2008 14:07:14

rachaelseven
Website

They do not need to reload the software and it won't help if they do - in fact, it makes losing all your data even more likely.  Please tell them to make a new database user with any username and password that suits you (pick something you'll remember or write down somewhere).  This is done either by you or by the host, in a control panel utility provided by the host.  Some hosts don't provide access to this to the user (you), in which case the host will have to do it for you.  Then have them reset the username and password within CCP using the steps outlined above (or do this yourself through FTP access).  That is how the problem will be resolved.  Having done that, you might not even need/want to upgrade.  But as Dave pointed out, this problem will need to be solved before an upgrade can complete successfully anyway.  Without resolving this database access problem, the upgrade would have to be done as a clean install and you will lose EVERYTHING you have in CCP now.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#28 10-06-2008 23:30:49

jonsidneyb

Ok....I will pass this information along.

#29 10-08-2008 11:52:07

jonsidneyb

sad

Still not up.  The host was looking at it a couple of days ago but have not heard back.  I have a feeling this might be worse than I thought.

#30 10-08-2008 12:04:29

rachaelseven
Website

If your host cannot sort it, you might want to enlist the help of a professional experienced with CCP5.1.  I don't think Kryptronic will support 5.1 any longer, but you could try talking to Stephen at cartmod.com and see if he can help.

Rachael Katz

#31 10-09-2008 23:31:53

jonsidneyb

This is confusing me.

I got this message from my host.

"Hi,

Seems the problem is that the script is trying to access a remote database server, with an IP starting with 208. Could you ask the store makers where the database host is defined?"

I am really puzzled by this.

Thanks
Jon

#32 10-10-2008 07:30:25

rachaelseven
Website

The database host is defined in the table altrdbms.csv.  The usual value for the host is .  It can be changed by editing the altrdbms.csv table through FTP or by following the previously given instructions for resetting the password (the host can be changed at the same time).

Rachael Katz

#33 10-10-2008 13:02:12

jonsidneyb

I now know why the hired help could not find the DB.  For a reason I cannot explain the DB was on a remote host.  It looks like the plug may have been pulled on that.

I am trying to find out of that remote db still exists or has been deleted.  Backups on my host will not capture it since it was not on my host to begin with.

#34 10-10-2008 18:24:37

rachaelseven
Website

Now it all starts to make sense.  Well good luck with it.  If you have to make a new DB on the local host, at least you know how to change the configuration now.

Rachael Katz

#35 10-11-2008 00:33:23

jonsidneyb

I guess this is what happens when you hire everything out.  Not sure if a new DB is going to do me any good.  My rush to get this fixed was to have data for tax purposes.  Not sure what happens now.

I know that most hired help can be trusted but things like this make it hard to completely trust work that is hired out.

Is there any reason that the people I hired would set it up anyway other than local host?  I don't get why the db would be done any other way.

I am confident that Kryptronics did not do it.  I did pay them to do the install but they would have no reason to do this.  It had be someone else I hired.

A thousand dollars here, five hundred there, another thousand over in another place and poof....  all for nothing?

Not mad at you guys but the situation.

Last edited by jonsidneyb (10-11-2008 01:25:32)

#36 10-11-2008 07:30:21

rachaelseven
Website

Some hosting companies maintain separate database servers - that is the only reason it would have been set up that way.  Nobody would go out of their way to rent a server, set it up as a MySQL server, and put your database on it, just to be contrary.  So what likely happened here is that your host used to maintain a single DB server for a group of web servers.  Perhaps that wasn't working so well and they decided to have each web server also function as a MySQL server, a common configuration and the one that would result in a setting of 'localhost' for the DB server in the CCP control panel.  Of course, that is the sort of thing they should have informed you of, particularly if they weren't going to make the transition seamless.  Another possibility is that you changed hosting companies at some time in the past, but for whatever reason, your DB was left on the old host.  Perhaps one of the many people you hired misunderstood your intentions and though you were renting two separate servers to split the load.  Based on the IP you had for the DB server, where is/was that server?  Is it one owned by your current hosting company?  One owned by a previous hosting company you used to use?  When you first posted, the IP in question was 216.227.209.128.  That IP appears to be a shared server, perhaps belonging to a company called 'LunarPages'... ring any bells?  It also appears to be a very full looking shared server, so I can't imagine it would have made a good place to host a DB.

Rachael Katz

#37 10-11-2008 13:54:45

jonsidneyb

Yep, that does ring a bell.  I do think someone dropped the ball.  I very quickly outgrew that and to avoid having to make incremental moves up to bigger and bigger plans I went to a dedicated server and the person the build the stuff originally moved it so they were aware.  I guess a detail got missed.

The people I hired were not involved in the original build of things.

Last edited by jonsidneyb (10-11-2008 13:55:48)

#38 10-11-2008 14:01:34

jonsidneyb

I will have to still try and rebuild the data if I can but I was told we still might be able to get the store up in a condition when it was first built.  I think that is going on a couple of years ago but need to figure that out.

The script points to that IP but one of the guys says there is a DB that does not have a username setting there. 

He asked me to have the host give it a shot.

Here is what the host sent pack to me.

"I figured it may belong to the store, but there's no way for me to confirm this unless I point the store to it.

The problem with this is, I don't know where the config is stored... if you could ask the kryptonix support guys, in which pl file they store the DB info, I'll try!"

What should I tell the host on this.

Thanks
Jon

#39 10-11-2008 14:32:07

jonsidneyb

wait.  I think you already addressed the hosts question in all of these posts.  I better go back and see if the hosts question matches what you have already provided.

#40 10-11-2008 15:15:17

jonsidneyb

hmmm,

He says he needs to know where the "config is stored"

What should I tell him.

#41 10-11-2008 15:55:45

rachaelseven
Website

The database configuration is stored in the table altrdbms.csv.  The host, username, and database name could be changed with a simple editing of the file.  But the password is encrypted and can only be changed by the method I detailed before ().

Rachael Katz

Board footer