Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 09-14-2008 18:43:52

posnpretty
Website

PayPal Express

According to the PayPal website, PayPal Express is free to use if you have a Business account with PayPal, which I do. However, I have tried to get this to work in Click Cart Pro to no avail.

I've tried searching Wiki and the forums, but the threads I found are confusing and I still can't get PayPal Express to show up as an option, even though I have also selected PayPal Website Standard as a payment method.

I would like to offer this option for my PayPal customers, but I need some help getting it set up. Has anyone else been successful in getting PayPal Express to show up as a payment option?

Thanks,
Cyndi

#2 09-14-2008 22:38:37

dh783
Website

Re: PayPal Express

The free use of paypal ( if you want to call it that ) will be the gateway named PayPal (Standard Method) - Payment Form in ccp.

John

#3 09-14-2008 22:54:37

posnpretty
Website

dh783 wrote:

The free use of paypal ( if you want to call it that ) will be the gateway named PayPal (Standard Method) - Payment Form in ccp.

John

Sorry, but not according to this page on PayPal's website:
Under Pricing, the word 'Free' is listed for both setup and monthly for PayPal Express Checkout. The transaction rates are the same as for the Website Payments Standard.

You may notice that under Integration, an Internet Merchant Account is required for PayPal Express. Click on the link and Website Standard is listed as a qualifying merchant account:

The difference between PayPal Express and the Website Standard is that the checkout flow is shorter for PayPal account holders in PayPal Express. I thought this might be appealing to my PayPal customers, while Website Standard will allow non-PayPal customers to use their credit card without signing up. I know that Website Standard also allows PayPal users to log in to their account, but according to the benefits I was reading on PayPal's site, the Express Checkout is quicker.

It's not a priority but since it's already built in to the Click Cart Pro software, I'd like to use it. I just need some direction on how to set it up because the Wiki didn't help and neither did the instructions on the PayPal site. I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks,
Cyndi

#4 09-15-2008 02:55:31

zanart

If you have Paypal Express set up correctly you should try deleteing your cookies & history - then add some products to an empty cart and see if the logo appears.

You should also check out other forum messages like this:
https://forum.kryptronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=21498

Rob

Rob

#5 09-15-2008 10:19:49

posnpretty
Website

I have cleared my cookies and my cache, but the browsing history is still there. I am using FireFox 2 to test my site, and I can't find where to clear the history. Do you know?

As for setting up PayPal Express correctly, I have set the Active Status to True(1), put in my PayPal API Username in the Gateway User/Store ID field, and my API Password in the Transaction Key/Password field of the form for the PayPal Express gateway. I did not change anything else; is there something else I should do in the gateway form?

I have also set the Active Status for PayPal (Standard Method) to True(1).

Thanks,
Cyndi

Last edited by posnpretty (09-15-2008 10:42:57)

#6 09-24-2008 21:57:52

posnpretty
Website

posnpretty wrote:

As for setting up PayPal Express correctly, I have set the Active Status to True(1), put in my PayPal API Username in the Gateway User/Store ID field, and my API Password in the Transaction Key/Password field of the form for the PayPal Express gateway. I did not change anything else; is there something else I should do in the gateway form?

I have also set the Active Status for PayPal (Standard Method) to True(1).

I FOUND IT!! Today, while searching for something else in the CCP Admin, I discovered there was ONE more setting I had to change in order to get the PayPal Express button to display on Checkout:

Location: Home > ClickCartPro > Settings: Application Settings Menu > PayPal Website Payments Pro Settings

In the PayPal Website Payments Pro Settings:
1. Enter your PayPal API username*
2. Enter your API password*
3. Enable PayPal Website Payments Pro Express Checkout Link - set to True(1)
4. Enter Keyfile Contents (API Keyfile) - copy & paste your API key file/certificate into the field (delete any information pre-loaded in this field)*

*your PayPal API information is viewable when you log in to your PayPal account, and select API Access from your PayPal Profile. Click on the button 'Download Certificate', select 'Open' and then copy the entire text shown. Paste this text into the API Keyfile field in the PayPal Website Payments Pro Settings form.

I hope this information is helpful for others trying to find out how to enable PayPal Express when you are not using the PayPal Website Payments Pro gateway. Even though I am only using PayPal Standard, I still had to set the PayPal Pro Settings (in the Application Settings Menu).

Cyndi

Board footer