Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 09-27-2007 13:58:37

rtringo

Product sort not working within Categories

1. I have assigned sequential Product Sort Order numbers.

Product Sort Order*
This sort order numeric allows display of products in a particular order. Products are sorted within category and related product displays in ascending order based on this numeric indicator.

2. When viewing the Product list in Manage Online Store Products they show sequential

3. When products are viewed in the assigned Category of the Store, the listing is not sequential. They appear in random order.

What did I do wrong? Anyone have this problem?

Roger

Product Sort Order*
This sort order numeric allows display of products in a particular order. Products are sorted within category and related product displays in ascending order based on this numeric indicator.

#2 03-08-2008 05:08:44

dtc

Re: Product sort not working within Categories

Hi,

Just bumping this one - we've got exactly the same issue where the sort order (using sortorder field) is DESC / descending and not ASC / ascending. Doesn't half put the customers off!

Examples here:

http://www.chaseavdirect.co.uk/ccp6/cat … tands.html

My understanding from searching is that the default is sort ASC by sortorder - not in my case.

Can anybody point me at the setting, code, whatever that might be causing this? Thank you very much.

Cheers,

Darren

Darren

Chase AV Direct

#3 03-08-2008 05:20:59

dtc

Hi,

Just checked on another machine and the sort order is ASC! Same as Roger.

Anybody any idea why this should be so? I'm going to do the mod to always sort by price ASC, I think.

Thanks,

Darren

Darren

Chase AV Direct

#4 08-21-2008 11:31:54

Blitzen

BUMP -
Any resolution on this?

#5 08-22-2008 10:01:51

Blitzen

BUMP -
Any resolution on this?

#6 08-22-2008 10:28:27

Dave

Since this was a very old thread a link to what you're seeing Blitzen would be helpful.  We've not had any reports of problems with the display order.

Board footer