Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-06-2008 04:13:47

afford-it

Google Checkout?????? 2 Clients about to drop CCP6

Can anybody give any indication of how long we are going to have to wait for Google Checkout (GC) module for CCP6. I have 2 clients who have given me a deadline of Oct 2008, if its not available by then they are going to move from CCP6 to one of the many comparative products that support it 'out of the box'.

My research has shown a massive uptake of GC over the past 6 months and I find it staggering that this is not resolved by now. How can CCP6 be seen as a market leader without integration with GC. I can't think of a single reason why this is not of the highest priority for the ongoing development of CCP6, unless there isnt any development going on???

If there is some reason why it is proving difficult or Google are been obstructive then please let us know, at least with this information we can feedback to our clients in an attempt to ease the situation.

Looking forward to your responses.

Regards

Lee Huck
==========
Afford-it.co.uk

#2 08-06-2008 05:28:47

Dave

Re: Google Checkout?????? 2 Clients about to drop CCP6

Please see post number 8 in .  The only change to what I posted is the last paragraph which said I worked for Kryptronic 3 days a week.  That has changed and I now work for Kryptronic full time.

As Nick posted in  yesterday, post number 33, I'm putting the finishing touches on Advanced Order Management and Batch Order Management (AOM/BOM) and Google Checkout is one of the things that is next on my plate (along with a bunch of other things).

#3 08-06-2008 05:36:36

afford-it

Thanks for the update,

Not sure why either of those threads did not show when I searched for Google Checkout on the forum.

Glad to see something is happening and look forward to the results soon. I only hope it can be ready before my deadline.

Regards

Lee

#4 08-08-2008 12:00:29

makesachange
Website

Hi Lee!  Thought I recognised the pic, then saw your name :-)  (Emma - Richard G's Ex).

(sorry, back to work!)

What's the benefit of Google Checkout over, say, Protx or Worldpay?

Emma

The Organic and Fair Trade Baby Boutique

#5 08-11-2008 02:57:39

afford-it

Hi Emma,

Hope your well, long time no see.

Essentially it comes down to cost. Worldpay will charge a service fee for a Internet Merchant Account (IMA) on top of the fees for a standard Merchant System. This info maybe a little out of date now, you will need to check. Whereas Google is fee per transaction system inline with PayPal (PP). The benefit of Google over PP comes from the fact that a large proportion of people assume that you need a PP account to pay by PP which is incorrect.

I am not sure what the price differences are between PP & Google per transaction or what the daily/weekly transfer limits are but its popularity on ecommerce website is ever growing and none of us who run ecommerce sites can afford to be in anyway less appealing than any other website out there. Its too easy to turn potential customers off without giving them good reasons not to shop with you.

Hope thats helps, sorry if my info is a litle dated on the IMA costs etc buts its still relevant.

Take care, and all the best

Lee

#6 08-11-2008 05:56:30

zanart

I believe Google Checkout is a good addition as it is a known to be a name you can trust & customers don't need to put in there credit card details for every order. If you use Google Adwords you also get a small percentage rebate for Google Checkout sales.

As for price there is little difference between say Protx & Google checkout. I don't think Google Checkout should ever replace Protx and should be in addition to it.

Google Prices - 1.5% + £0.15 per transaction

Protx - Prices £0.10p per Transaction + Internet Merchant Account(Streamline) 1.9% Visa/Mastercard or 30.5p Maestro/debit.

Therefore a £100 Visa Debit sale would cost you:

Googles Checkout = £1.65
Protx = £0.455p

Or Visa Credit Card Sales:

Googles Checkout = £1.65
Protx = £2.00p

It is properly best practice to offer Protx(which now includes Paypal option) & Google Checkout.

Rob

Rob

Board footer