Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-04-2008 17:36:38

posnpretty
Website

Help with Size and Color options

I'm new to shopping cart software of any type, and I am having a bit of quandry trying to figure out how to put size and color options on my product pages.

I've downloaded the CCP6 free trial, and successfully installed it using the instructions in the Quick Start portion of the User Manual.

Now, I am following the set-up instructions in Quick Start, and successfully uploaded my product categories and subcategories via .csv files to my website. However, when I came to the part about adding product options and selections, the examples and instructions don't cover color and size options, but only computer add-ons like DVD drives.

I thought I could extrapolate from the examples the spreadsheet setup needed for the size and color selections, but I'm stuck on how to set up the IDs. I can't seem to get an understanding of how this works.

My problem may be related to the way I have been tracking my inventory in Excel. Each product has a 6-digit SKU, which consists of these parts:
Item #: 123 (3-digits) (e.g. "Tank Top")
Color #: 12 (2-digits) (e.g. "Red")
Size #: 1 (1-digit) (e.g. "XS)

The resulting SKU for the above would be SKU #: 123121 with this description: "Tank Top Red XS". This is the SKU I have been using to track my inventory.

I have never had inventory tracking on a website except on eBay, and since there is no cart on EB I have had to upload separate product pages for every SKU. This requires an incredible amount of work, and the reason I was hoping Click Cart Pro 6 would solve this problem. (I do not like eBay and have been working on my own website in the hopes to one day be liberated completely from EB!)

I need inventory tracking at the 6-digit SKU level, because on most products I have only one in each color and size. These are discontinued products that I will not be able to restock, and it is important that the stock level in the database be real-time updated the instant someone purchases a product.

So, is there a way I can upload my products using the options feature of CCP6? This demo site is showing this can be done: http://www.earthboundcreations.com/ccp0 … C-BRS.html . But, is this possible without doing a lot of modification to the cart? I was hoping this could be done out of the box.

Hopefully, someone here will understand what I'm asking and give me a clue how to do it with the .csv files. I tried searching the forum and looked through the user manual but I still don't understand what I need to do to set up the product options in my spreadsheet.

Thanks,
Cyndi

#2 08-06-2008 06:44:07

Dave

Re: Help with Size and Color options

If you create your product option selection items using your SKU as the identifier and enter an inventory level then selecting True in the "Declining Balance Inventory" field when you associate that option selection item with a product option should result in what  you are trying to achieve.

#3 11-18-2010 17:31:14

karrasda103

Dave,
I am having a similar problem. I wrote an email to you on your site requesting some help.

I need each product to have its own seperate sku/ID this is important for google merchant center.

Its disheartening that there seems to be no way to link products together by attribute.

I like ccp so far but if this issue can't be resolved I will be forced to move to different platform that allows for this kind of feature.

#4 11-19-2010 08:34:02

Dave

karrasda103 wrote:

I need each product to have its own seperate sku/ID this is important for google merchant center.

The product ID is unique in CCP and is the value passed to Google Base.

karrasda103 wrote:

Its disheartening that there seems to be no way to link products together by attribute.

I don't understand that statement.

#5 03-23-2011 13:16:58

karrasda103

Product ID = OBJECT

Object has 4 different colors it comes in

Each color should have a seperate ID that goes to google shopping as it is now it seems that only 1 product is put into google as opposed to 4 different products.

Board footer