Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-08-2008 03:30:36

cornweb
Website

Optimising CCP51 to get maximum visits

Hello

I have spent a lot of money investing in CCP51 (still to recoup my investment) and I am disappointed to learn that the cart will no longer be supported.

I was wondering if we could set up a discussion about Google PageRank and how to optimise CCP51 to get the maximum number of visits.

I have the SEO module installed which is ranking the product pages with a PR of 2-3.
The main page to the site has a PR of 4.

Mark Bowles

#2 07-08-2008 08:17:51

rachaelseven
Website

Re: Optimising CCP51 to get maximum visits

It sounds like with page ranks of 2-4, you could probably give us all some lessons.  I'll certainly listen.

Rachael Katz
- Custom Focusing Screens for DSLR Cameras

#3 07-08-2008 09:21:12

cornweb
Website

Hello Rachael

I was a little misleading when I mentioned I was getting a PR of 2-3 for the PRODUCT pages, I am getting a PR of 2-3 for the CATEGORY pages, none of the product pages are ranked (yet).

The main page has a PR of 4.

Mark Bowles

#4 07-08-2008 12:00:19

rachaelseven
Website

Hi Mark,

Heck, even getting category pages up to a PR of 2-3 is VERY IMPRESSIVE and a home page at PR of 4 is also quite fantastic.  No offense to anyone here, but I doubt you'll get any advice better than what you are already doing, with rankings like that.  Like I said though, if you start giving tutorials, I'm all ears :-)

Rachael Katz

#5 07-08-2008 17:00:35

cornweb
Website

Hello Rachael

Well the first step i took was to make sure that the category pages, which use the SEO module from aatecservices, was accessable from the home page.

The home page was heaverly optimised, making sure the meta tags were set up correctly and choosing 3 main keywords for the whole site (quite a lot of work here as it is a big site consisting of 95 pages).

Use ALT text for the first 3 images on the page, I suggest using the same text as the graphic and some text from your subheadings and other headings and text from the first paragraph.

The next step was to get quality sites similar to my site to link to the main page with similar content as this helps with the PageRank, I used WebCEO to find and send emails but the best method by far is to find some brochures in my case relating to visitor attractions in Cornwall and contact them by email- I had a good response with this.

My other task was to make sure that the HTML was correct and I am now in the process of converting other pages to standard HTML instead of using the HTML user pages in the cart as you can not adjust the meta tags for each page.

I have set up an HTML site map page (NOT an HTML user page) which is linked to all the pages on the site via a text link and added the main links to the bottom of each page throughout the site.

I will let you know if the results of all these changes in the next few months.

Mark Bowles
Cornweb

#6 07-08-2008 17:21:04

celdirect

Hi,

Sounds like you are doing well.

a PR of 3-4 is very good. its very very hard to get higher than that for commercial site.  ( worked for a company that had a turnover of 10 million and spent loads of time and money on PR and only made it to PR 5)

keep up the good work!

#7 07-08-2008 21:03:42

rachaelseven
Website

Awesome advice - thank you!

Rachael Katz

#8 07-09-2008 02:54:28

cornweb
Website

Hello

Thank you for your comments above.

The main problem I have at the moment is I am not getting many visits to the site even with a PR of 4 and I dont know why?

I am getting an average of 120 unique visits to the whole of the site, I am not making any sales other than from 3 of my existing clients who advertise each year on the site with a full page.

Any ideas of how I can turn this around?

My site is at http://www.north-cornwall.co.uk

Many Thanks
Mark Bowles

#9 07-09-2008 07:54:33

rachaelseven
Website

Not quite sure, really.  Are the search terms for which you're ranked common terms?  You seem to be in a bit of a niche market... how much business is to be expected?  One thing I did notice is that in Firefox, the submit function on your brochure order doesn't work correctly - there are no pictures, just six blank squares.  That's certainly not helping anything for FF users.  Beyond that though, I'm afraid I don't know enough about your industry to be of much help, sorry.

Rachael Katz

#10 07-09-2008 10:17:03

theblade24
Website

Pagerank has nothing to do with actual traffic or how well you are ranked in google.

CCP 5.1
CCP 5.1
CCP 5.1

#11 07-09-2008 10:18:28

cornweb
Website

Hello rachael

I have viewed the site using Firefox with no problems with the graphics you described.

The site is a directory for travel, tourism in North Cornwall (UK) and it is difficult to get good placements with certain keywords due to still competition.

I need to look and see if there is a solution around this problem.

Mark Bowles
Cornweb

#12 07-09-2008 12:12:20

rachaelseven
Website

Hi Mark,

Strange, that.  I tried again, making sure I disabled AdBlock Plus, and it still only showed me six white squares with some tiny gray text in them.  FWIW, I'm running FF 2.0.0.15 on WinXP.  Its possible I've got some other privacy thing that's interfering... firewall or something... anyway, just thought I'd pass it along.

Rachael Katz

#13 07-13-2008 10:54:01

Blitzen

PR 2-4 is great!
However, I wouldn't go by PR alone. It's only a guideline.

For the true test, you'll need to determine where your site ranks in SE's with your important keywords. This isn't quick and easy to do, but you can find some tools to do some of the work for you.

And, do more statistics such as ROI (e.g., number of sales per visits, etc.).

The rest is up to you. Visit some SEO forums for hints.
Google changes their algorithm once in a while (they just did), so the target keeps moving.

The Best Advertising Won't Sell a Bad Product.

#14 07-19-2008 03:02:43

cornweb
Website

Hello

Since making some changes to the site, the number of visits (and page views) have increased and I am starting to make some sales on the site now.

I am getting around 140 visits to the whole site a day (4200 a month) which is good.

Yes it is a very competitive market and I expect it will take another few months to see a real difference and keep working on thoes conversions!

Mark Bowles
Cornweb

Board footer