Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 12-12-2004 23:15:19

morvak
Website

Product Options Sort Feature

Oh, not sure if this is being addressed, but I just found at that after having all my database files to use MySQL that the product options don't display in any order when they use MySQL and I had to switch those back to CSV.

Now they display based on the way I have the options listed in the admin.

Is this being addressed in Zuma?

#2 03-23-2005 11:30:27

Blitzen

Re: Product Options Sort Feature

This is a definite must. My client frequently adds and removes choices in the options and needs them in a certain order. Right now, the only way to do this is with the CSV table. Having a function where he can determine the displayed order

Ditto for Category and Product listings.

Thank you!

#3 03-30-2005 08:36:22

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Configurable table sort functions will be included in the next version that allow sorting of an existing column in the table.  The reason this wasn't supported in 5.1 is due to the speed loss associated with doing it in CSV files.  A decision was made for the new core to allow this and have the ability to turn it on/off on a table level.

Nick Hendler

#4 04-01-2005 13:43:53

thekiko

Product Options can be listed in the order you prefer using MySQL.  All you have to do is make sure that before you edit the Options in the admin, make sure that you switch the dataset (of the data you are editing) to CSV - make your edits - then switch it back to MySQL.

The order of the listings seem to only get screwed up if you try to edit it them while they are in MySQL.  Editing them in CSV and then switching them back to MySQL when you are done does not effect the order.

I have been doing this for the past 2 years and agree that it is quite a pain smile.

TheKiko

Board footer