Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 11-21-2004 08:12:30

microlinx

Multiple Shipping Companies With Handling Fee

OK, I finally got the require modules installed and can accept Authorize.net.

Now I would like to set up my shipping like this:

For whatever the quantity of items...start out with a $4.95 handling fee then ADD on to that the ACTUAL shipping fee based on the total weight of the order.

OR

I tried a hosted cart solution call iCart (any else try that?) it allows you to PAD the shipping fees by a variable percentage to cover handling fees.

So if the shipper API returns a value of $5.30 and you have a PAD percentage of 10%, the total shown on the shipping selection area would be: $5.83 ($5.30 + $.53)
The percntage should be variable.

This helps us cover the cost of boxes etc.

Also:  I would like the customer to be able to select from a CHOICE of shippers...USPS, UPS and FedEx...each with the padded rate or the handling charge included, but not included when I buy pay for the postage (just the actual cost of shipping, which would be the total minus the padding or handling fee of course).

Any ideas? or is this something for the next version?

smile

#2 11-24-2004 13:40:24

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Multiple Shipping Companies With Handling Fee

For the first item, just add the handling charge in admin under Shipping Settings | Manage Shipping Settings.

For the second item, check the cool mods & hacks forum - there are a few posts there on using multiple realtime shippers at the same time.

Nick Hendler

Board footer