Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 09-19-2002 02:16:29

mark

Trade and/or Retail Store

I want to have my site split into 2 - a trade side and a retail side.

I don't want the retail visitors to be able to enter the trade area and therefore see trade prices - how can I do this, with some sort of password access maybe?

Do I need to run 2 seperate sites our can it be done withh CCP5 on 1 site but serving 2 pricing structures? Could this be done with the discount feature in CCP5 - if so how?

Sorry - lots of questions in one message, but I'm sure you can help!

#2 09-19-2002 05:59:21

Re: Trade and/or Retail Store

Mark,

I ran into the same type of situation. I wanted a regular store, then also a reseller portion where people could only access that part of the site by using a username and password that I assign. Here is the link to explain a little better what I did. I am using Apache on a Win2k Box.

<A HREF="https://forum.kryptronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=690">https://forum.kryptronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=690</A>

Thanks,
Mike

#3 09-23-2002 06:57:46

mark

Thanks - I understand your work around, but how does this handle different prices for my trade and retail customers? Because this way I will be sharing the same database file, won't I?

#4 09-23-2002 08:33:16

No, read what I wrote carefully, I have 2 seperate data dir. you must specify the diffrences in the 2 seperate cp-app.pl files.

If you need more help feel free to email me at:
bossdeez@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Mike

#5 09-23-2002 09:42:01

mark

Sorry - misread initial post!

Will give it a try and let you know how I get on!

Board footer