Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-29-2004 16:24:33

newalan

Need Some More Info

Hi,

I have looked around the ClickCartPro website and I think this is what I may be looking for.  However I need a couple of simple answers to my questions.

I note the Hosted version costs £249 + VAT, can you clarify what is meant by "Hosted Version" does it mean that the cart is hosted by ClickCartPro or does it mean that it can be hosted where I choose?

I was intending to use the cart to replace a couple of custom Perl based carts which are on a website example: wwwmydomain.com/site1 and the other site at the same domain wwwmydomain.com/site2.

The question is if both the sites (they both sell the same product) are part of the same domain, can I call the cart from any of the two main sites (part of the same domain) in other words the cart will be attached to the site/s  the cart will not act like a stand alone site itself, since both the sites (currently using custom Perl Cart)are ranking very high in Google I do not wish to change their main HTML pages.

If yes will this be classed as two licences or a single licence? (the cart will be installed on only one domain).

I do hope this makes sense.

Kind regards

Alan

#2 07-31-2004 14:16:29

newalan

Re: Need Some More Info

Hmmmm maybe I ought to look somewhere else. The silence says it all.

Thank you.

#3 08-01-2004 04:03:29

TheThinker
Website

Yes, this should work fine.  You can enter CCP from anywhere on your other subsites. 

I can't answer your licensing issue.  You should probably e-mail the vendor.

By the way, you posted this to the wrong forum which may explain the lack of response.  CCP 5.0 is an older version of the product.  The current stable shipping version is 5.1.

Regards,
Eric

#4 08-01-2004 05:26:43

newalan

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I suppose  used the wrong part of the forum, mainly because I did not know what script is what, hence the more info requested.

I have emailed direct to support and hope I get some favourable answer.  Thank you for your reply.

Alan

#5 08-04-2004 11:55:46

webmaster
Administrator
Website

CCP is licensed on a per-install basis.  If you have only one install, you could link to it from any number of pages using a single license.

Nick Hendler

Board footer