Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-17-2004 08:29:20

sangiro

Multiple Stores / Sellers

Heya all,

I'm looking for a solution that will enable me to offer products for sale on my site but allow users to order the product from a selection of stores.  Not unlike what you see at Epinions.com and other similar store aggregators. 

Is this something that can be done with CCP?  If so, how much custom work will be involved?  If not, does the architecture simply not cater for this at this time and should I stop considering this product for that solution?

Safe swoops
Sangiro

#2 07-17-2004 15:11:35

Will
Website

Re: Multiple Stores / Sellers

I'm not sure exaclty what you are asking.  Are you asking to have multiple branding of your store?  Or your products available on other sites?   

Will

#3 07-19-2004 13:49:03

sangiro

Will,07/17/2004 03:11:35 PM wrote:

I'm not sure exaclty what you are asking.  Are you asking to have multiple branding of your store?  Or your products available on other sites?

I'm asking about multiple branding on my site.  I'd like to offer a the opportunity for sellers (more than 20) to sell their products through my site.  They sell the same products and I have a database with product reviews, but currently no store.  I'd like for users to my site to see a list of all sites that offer a product for sale, compare prices and buy from the seller of their choice.  Take a look at Epinions.com..

#4 08-04-2004 10:20:35

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I suppose this could be done by using the affiliate program in CCP 5.1, but it wasn't really designed for a mall-type setup.

Nick Hendler

#5 08-04-2004 14:28:52

TheThinker
Website

How much of the site do you want to change for each "store"? 

Regards,
Eric

#6 10-11-2004 17:24:28

microlinx

I just purchased CCP 51 and this was the first thing I wanted to do.

I have 3 websites, each offers less than a dozen items for sale, but, I'd like to brand each "store" for these sites. It would be a neat future upgrade to allow you to create branded stores, even if it's just the top.

The only other thing is that if someone is arriving from site A, I would want to hide the products from site B and C and similarly if arriving from C, hide B and A's products.

I am running one instance of CCP on a secure domain. I just did not want to have to purchase the secure certificates for 3 domains.

THX
:-) 

#7 10-27-2004 09:44:35

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Possibly the easiest way to do this is to hide all store navigation (links to store home / categories / etc.) in the elements and then slam your products into three appropriate categories.  Link to those categories from your home pages and use a unified checkout.

Nick Hendler

Board footer