Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 06-14-2004 08:06:54

TomC

Not Recieving Decryption Key

On one of my websites (set up with offline credit card processing) I am only recieving the decryption key on probably 60-70% of the orders that are coming  through. I always get the first order confirmation email. I never had this problem until my hosting company moved my website a few months ago to a new server and I got the guys at CCP to reconfigure the CCP cart. I recieve the orders through the same email client that I recieve orders from another website running CCP so I don't think it s the email client thats kicking the decryption key out. Their doesn't seem to be any pattern as we can go 3 or 4 days and always get both emails and then a couple will come through without the decyption key email. There is no pattern. Any ideas or any settings that I might try changing. The cart works fine except for this, but it stinks having to call the customer and explain that their payment information was not recieved.  Oh, this site is on a PureHost Server (from the Dell Debacle). Wish I never would have started on Dell Server. I think it may have something to do with the server I'm on and not a problem with the CCP cart.

Is their any other way to get this decryption key via the CCP admin site?? If I can figure out someway to get the decryption key other than through the email that would suffice. Thanks much!

Tom

#2 06-15-2004 12:03:16

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Not Recieving Decryption Key

There is no way to get the decryption key if it isn't received via email.  That's where the security in it lies.  Are all of the orders you're receiving offline orders?  Are you sure you're not just missing decrypt key messages for check payment orders?

Nick Hendler

#3 06-15-2004 14:19:24

TomC

Thanks Nick,

I was trying not to bother you on this one. No, not missing them. Its really weird. I don't think we have lost an order as we call and get the card info. Again, it only happens on probably 20-30% of the orders, no rhyme or reason. Its not a tremendous hassle and unless it starts happening on the majority of orders we'll just keep calling them. Beats Me! Thanks again for all your help earlier this year reconfiguring both of our stationery sites.

Tom

#4 06-15-2004 16:04:45

webmaster
Administrator
Website

No problem smile

Nick Hendler

#5 06-20-2004 04:49:45

TheThinker
Website

What was the ultimate resolution to this issue? 

Regards,
Eric

#6 06-21-2004 08:38:39

TomC

No resolution really....as it seems to be a mystery. Its really weird. I have been using CCP carts now on multiple websites for 3 years now and have never had this happen before. The only variable that has changed since this started occuring was my that my website was upgraded to a new server by my hosting company. The guys at CCP reconfigured it for me and with the exception of this problems, all else is functioning perfectly. Its not like the cart isn't sending out the order confirmations as we alsways get the 1st email, but every 5th or 6th order or so will be missing the decryption key. Anybody else using a Purehost server and experiencing weird things? I have the exact same setttings with regard to where confirmations and dercryptions are sent on another CCP cart thats set up with another hosting company and have never experienced this????? Who knows.

Tom

#7 06-21-2004 13:03:21

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I would assume this is a host-based SMTP server issue.  One way around it may be to switch your SMTP server setting under Global Settings | Manage Program Settings in admin.  Both messages are being sent at the same time, so if the SMTP server is slow, or delayed, then the second message may be dropped or sent to root.

Nick Hendler

Board footer