Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 06-10-2004 00:35:43

Bergandi

Too Many Resources

Has anyone been told this script is using too many resources?  on rnrracing.com, they disabled the script for about a week, saying it uses too many resources.  Since they have been hosting me for over 2 years, they agreed to turn it back on, but are still trying to figure out why it's such a "burdon".....  ANY ideas should help.

#2 06-10-2004 07:45:11

Todd
Website

Re: Too Many Resources

I have a feeling I know what they are talking about.

Your images are massive in file size!   Some being about 10 to 100 times bigger than necessary!  Keep in mind that I am talking about the actual file size and not the dimensions of the picture.

Some of your thumbnails would be just fine in the 3 KB range (maybe even less than that) but the larger ones range from 25 KB to over 300 KB.   That is hugamongous is other words. smile

Here is the worst offender I could find in a couple of minutes.

Try reducing down the images with an image editor like Fireworks or ImageReady.  This is going to significantly help in your bandwidth if you have a busy site.  The other thing you might consider is running much of the backend thru MySQL.  This can take a load off the system if it is burdened down.

The final thing you might consider is moving hosts.  It sounds like your being micromanaged by your hosting company.  That tells me they are a small operation with somewhat limited hardware and bandwidth.   Perhaps move your hosting to a major hosting company.... I don't think you will have the same problems as your are now.

there's more than one way to...

#3 06-24-2004 01:45:54

Bergandi

Well, they have shut it down again, saying the PL script uses up too much CPU power, and they won't host it anymore.  Any hosting recommendations, and help with this would be GREATLY appreciated!

>>BTW, thanks for the ideas Todd...  I have asked if there was an alternative to refusing to serve the site, and asked about using MySQL.  I haven't heard back yet.

#4 06-24-2004 08:47:22

superhero2000
Website

Bergandi,

We are a Authorized Hosting Provider and host numerous CCP sites on both Windows and Linux platform.  We offer complete support for CCP hosted sites and our plan for CCP has many features and options to help run your online store.  Contact us at info@vqcdesigns.com for more information or visit us at .

Vinh
VQC Designs, LLC

Board footer