Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 05-26-2004 20:23:06

leec

Sub-categories

How do I have the sub-categories listed only on their respective major category pages and not in the general list of categories on the right?   

#2 05-27-2004 10:34:04

Todd
Website

Re: Sub-categories

Hello Leec,

The best way to understand the way CCP uses categories is to go thru the example categories that are installed by default.  You can then see how categories can be related to each other.

So any category can be a main category and any category can be a sub-category of any other category.

So if you have a category you created called 'Shirts'.  This in itself could be a main category for other categories to go under.

So under shirts you may have 'Men', 'Women', and 'Youth' categories.  This would be related to the overall 'Shirts' Category.

However, the 'Shirts' Category could also be a sub-category of another Category called 'Clothing'.

So in effect you are just creating categories.  In the relating of categories to one another you are creating main and sub-categories.

While admittedly this may be a bit confusing in writing... by reviewing the examples that CCP uses... you will get a better understanding of how this all works.

I spent a few hours when I first got into CCP just trying things out so I could understand the overall workings of the software.

There is just a slight learning curve once you get started... but after a few days of working with it... things really start to come together!

there's more than one way to...

#3 05-27-2004 12:45:48

leec

I have associated my sub categories under the main category no problem and when you click on the main category they all show up.

What I want to change is the shop by category box on the right.   All the categories show up there whether they are a main category or a sub category.  Why even have main categories if all the sub categories are listed there.

Example- Hair Accessories -main category
Hair clips - sub
Hair pins - sub
Hair barrettes- sub

All I want in the Shop by Category box is Hair Accessories (Main Category) then when you click on Hair Accessories you see the sub categories. 

#4 05-27-2004 14:18:59

C3Motorsport

The reason your sub-categories are showing up on the main menu on the side of the page is because you have the option "Display on Store Splash Page" set to "Yes". If you change this to "No" it will only show up in whatever category you relate it to.

Hope this answers your question.

#5 05-27-2004 14:39:53

leec

Thank you so much C3Motorsport, that was what I wanted to know.

Board footer