Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 05-23-2004 18:16:21

Big Dave

About To Give Up On Ccp !

I just added 200 more items to my site, only to find out that when you click on ANY of them, it brings you back to my main index page.
(http://mysite.com)

I don't understand this! I have the SEO module installed, if that makes a difference.

Any help is soooo appreciated.

#2 05-23-2004 18:20:40

Big Dave

Re: About To Give Up On Ccp !

OK..it gets better.

When I do a search, it brings up the items and I CAN get to the product by clicking it.

But I CANNOT get to them through the regular product links.

#3 05-23-2004 18:37:27

Big Dave

???????

NOW, I find that when you go to the "next page" of items, the item click will bring you to the contents of my ccp51/cgi-bin !!

WTF? The product links take me to:

#4 05-23-2004 18:51:46

redmanstudios

Did you contact ATS for help? he is excellent in supporting work that he has done. I would do that before giving up it's probably something minor. Next time post your site url so people can try and help you a little bit more. smile sorry that is all the advice i can offer.

james

#5 05-23-2004 19:11:53

Big Dave

-----

#6 05-23-2004 19:59:08

Connie

Hey BigDave,

One of the problems is the <A HREF=""> links  for your products do not have a destination so they keep taking you back to your splash page.  If you click on a link at the bottom of the page you can enter the store and shop with no problem.  I don't know if the empty <A HREF=""> tags are a result of the SEO module but I doubt it. 

If everyting was working untill you added the 200 new products then the problem is probably on your end.  Also did you make any other changes at the same time?

Regards,

Connie

#7 05-23-2004 20:02:03

Big Dave

I can't understand why it works through search, but not in the categories.

#8 05-23-2004 20:14:08

redmanstudios

ok now we are getting somewhere. i had this problem too when i had the ATS Mod put in.
on that page you directed me too was that hard coded? if so the problem lies if i remember correctly in the way you format your link.

This is what i have found after playing with your site. even though you have the same product the 8oz. white the link is not formated correctly. i did the search and the store shows me a link like this

EDITED OUT LINK

It does not look complete for some reason.

I can not get to that page that you sent me as a normal customer so i don't think i can help you anymore you WILL need to contact ATS on this one. I Personally feel that it's the way you formated the link like i said i did the same thing about a month ago but it only happened when i hard coded the link.

i really hope this helps you
james

#9 05-23-2004 20:19:24

Big Dave

I don't know what you are talking about me hard coding.

I simply added the items in excel using the product.csv and uploaded.

After I discovered the problem I tried entering an item the standard way through admin and it does exactly the same thing.

#10 05-23-2004 20:24:23

Connie

Sorry about that.  I entered your site through the link you povided.  Rather than doing a search I just clicked on one of the links at the bottom of the page.  From the next page I placed an order and everything was fine.

Your empty <A HREF=""> tags are on the Category page you linked to in this post and not the splash page.  <A HREF="has to point somewhere">Gardenia</a> .  Yours don't.  The URL is empty so the links will not take you anywhere.

Regards,

Connie

#11 05-23-2004 21:34:34

Big Dave

any ideas on what can be causing this?

#12 05-23-2004 22:13:08

Big Dave

this is nuts...

#13 05-23-2004 23:06:45

Connie

Big Dave,05/23/2004 10:13:08 PM wrote:

this is nuts...

I agree It's Nuts.  Howver if your site was working before you added the new products and quit working after, it has something to do with your changes.  Never make changes without a currant backup of the before change.   

Regards,

Connie

#14 05-23-2004 23:11:31

Big Dave

Here is what I just found, but I cannot figure out why...

In the category setup "Product Display Type", when I use "Image & Description", everything seems to work fine.

The problem is, I have no images for these items yet, and when I use category setup and choose "No Image Displayed" as the product display type, I have the problems mentioned above in my other posts.

Does this help anyone with a possible solution

#15 05-24-2004 02:11:10

0_limit
Website

It probably has something to do with the code you have in your catagory product display element.  Can you copy and paste the code from the Element you normally use (i.e. Default, With Add Button, Description and Add Button, No Image Displayed, etc)?  If that's not the problem then it could be something in your products.csv file or your category.csv file if you recently added stuff to them...

#16 05-24-2004 08:37:54

Ed_H
Website

I'm running the seo mod and haven't experienced anything similar.  You might want to have a look at the CSV - maybe a column out of place or characters or spaces - especially a leading space in the product name field.  That empty href makes me suspect that.

#17 05-24-2004 08:49:16

redmanstudios

This is what i said above it's the way your links are formated if you look in your default product layout you will see the link is something like this (CGIVAR)seo_product_link(/CGIVAR) or somethign like that but is does have a seo_ in it. Now if you look in your Image & Description layout you will se that it's not there. all you need to do is use the same link formating as the default.

I am sorry i confused about the "hard codeing" before i didn't pay attention to the page itself but i am positive this will fix your issue

james

#18 05-24-2004 09:07:02

scoutch
Banned

Big Dave,

from your product page, go to view, source. Then, do a search for : ERROR. Please paste all error messages you can track in here. This could simply be a minor issue.

THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM THIS FORUM.

If this post contains any language related to
code samples, advice, etc., please read this
entire thread before making a decision to use
this post as a basis for any change to your
software installation.

#19 05-24-2004 09:11:36

mattkrause
Website

Big Dave, at first I thought you sounded like a crazy-man.  But then, for totally unrelated reasons, I stumbled upon a similar problem at my site today.

I had the SEO mod installed about a week ago.  It's been working like a beauty. 

But then I used the search function on my site today, and noticed that all the links take me to the ccp51/cgi-bin directory.

The same section of my site was working fine when I checked it out on Friday.  And I made a point of taking the weekend off, so I don't think I made editing/changes to the site since then.

I looked into redmandstudios' suggestion (I think that variable is called (CGIVAR)seo_item_url(/CGIVAR)), but when I look in the displays/elements, it seems to be there just fine.  And yet I also end up with those empty <href=""> tags.

I'll drop Mark a quick email and see if he has any further advice, since you and I are now both questioning our grip on reality.

Matt

FYI, my site is . I run into the problem when I click on "search" up at the top left of the screen.  The results simply link to the directory of the ccp51/cgi-bin. 

Matt Krause

#20 05-24-2004 09:33:55

scoutch
Banned

FYI, my site is wwwhomesickturk.com. I run into the problem when I click on "search" up at the top left of the screen. The results simply link to the directory of the ccp51/cgi-bin.

That's good to know actually. Like I said, this might be a simple coding issue from Mark. Hopefully, he will send an update to all related users. smile

software installation.

#21 05-24-2004 09:37:47

Big Dave

removed as not applicable

#22 05-24-2004 09:41:37

Big Dave

removed as not applicable

#23 05-24-2004 09:43:34

scoutch
Banned

The product detail posted above does not show any SEO links relation . . . does the product detail uses the seo links or this is only meant for categories ?

software installation.

#24 05-24-2004 09:48:52

Big Dave

Yes, and the SEO works on the products as long as I use Default in my categories.

It's when I use "No Image Displayed" in my categories that the links go missing.

#25 05-24-2004 09:50:58

scoutch
Banned

It's when I use "No Image Displayed" in my categories that the links go missing.

That's odd, I must admit. In this case, where exacly would you like to have the seo link to appear in the no image displayed ?

software installation.

Board footer