Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 04-24-2004 11:48:50

keithw

Custom Shipping Plus International

I have 2 questions that I would like some help with. I guess they are very simple  smile

1. I have set up my website with custom settings to calculate on "total item costs" which is fine for UK orders. How do I change the shipping costs to add an additional charge for say £5.00 to European countries and £7.00 for International?

2. How do I change the order that the Payment Method that are displayed on the website. At the moment it is setup with:

Purchase by mailing a cheque
Purchase using your credit or debit card.

I would like to change these 2 around.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

#2 04-24-2004 16:11:42

joeohlandt
Website

Re: Custom Shipping Plus International

To change the order of your payment methods all you have to do is download your gateway.csv file, edit it and order the payment methods so that the one you want as default is above the one you want second.

Joe Ohlandt
The Temple Publishers

#3 04-24-2004 16:20:52

keithw

joeohlandt

Thank you for that. Done it and it works now. So one down one to go!  smile 

#4 04-24-2004 18:19:50

Brains

Don't know if there's an easier way around this but I set the country tax to charge as package and posting. This made it much easier to update etc. I could set the country tax to say 25 and this charges £25. etc. Also had to amend e-mails to show country tax as P&P but no big deal.

It also helped to eliminate a stage of the checkout process.

Minor alterations of the code were required. Otherwise I think you will need a lot of IF THEN ELSE statements.....!!

Mind you....It's Sat. night...I've been out on the razzle and the head's a little fuzzy!

BRAINS

International Award Winning Professional Web Design
MySQL Database Design, PHP
UK Hosting on Dedicated Servers
As featured in the Financial Times, ISP World and others.

Board footer