Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 03-31-2004 01:59:27

cummind

Display Order Of Items

It would be handy to be able to control the display order of items in the best sellers, specials and new items sections.

Our primary interest is that the top two best sellers appear down the page when we ideally would like these to appear at the top.

Further more, it might be nice to have an "auto" option where the special sections: best sellers, new items and specials are all automatically set based on the data. For example best sellers would be based on the prodstats table. The other sections could also be automatically determined.

Side note: if the above is not possible, you could make a minor change to the code which brings up the best sellers. If you did an SQL join to the prodstats table sorting by the prodstats_orders field this would improve the display of the best sellers by putting the real best sellers at the top. People could still specify what they wanted to appear, however the display order would be based upon placed orders.

#2 03-31-2004 08:21:02

scoutch
Banned

Re: Display Order Of Items

Sounds like a good suggestion. smile

THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED FROM THIS FORUM.

If this post contains any language related to
code samples, advice, etc., please read this
entire thread before making a decision to use
this post as a basis for any change to your
software installation.

#3 04-01-2004 17:47:29

m j
Website

So basicly you'd want to be able to have a few options on how those special sections are ordered, not necesarily defining each individual item on what position its suposed to have on the list.

So like the best sellers section would have something to keep track of which items are the selling the most and list them closest to the top of the list, and say new items would list the newest items at the top of the list, and specials might take the items that you would save the most on and list them at the top of the list or something.

So say there would be a new option in the update category page that would allow you to specify how you want that category to be sorted with a list of possible sort methods for the category. Then you would have those same options on the special sections as well. Also you would want to offer the ability to adjust weather the sort is done ascending or decending.

Alphabetical (Product Name)
Alphabetical (Product Number)
Numericly (Reg/Sale Price)
Numericly (Sale Savings)
Numericly (Dated Product Was Added)
Numericly (Number of Sales) (Monthly|Quarterly|Yearly)

It might be nice if this was done in a way that it wouldn't be too hard to make special modules to add on for different sort methods, that way if someone wanted to mod a new sort method it could easily be just added in to meet their specific needs.

I like this idea and think it should get serious consideration on 6.0 development.

Perl, MySQL, XHTML, CSS, Web Usability, XML
Matt Johnson

#4 04-01-2004 18:37:53

scoutch
Banned

I agree. It would be more stylish.

software installation.

#5 04-01-2004 18:41:38

m j
Website

I'm not that concerned about style, I'm more concerned about functionality and plain usefulness.

Perl, MySQL, XHTML, CSS, Web Usability, XML
Matt Johnson

#6 04-01-2004 19:40:17

scoutch
Banned

(I was, of course, speaking for customers). If you ask me, it's pure functionality and work on routine. smile

software installation.

Board footer