Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-15-2002 12:39:00

Passing Additional Info to Our Gateway

Even though I prefer the CCP5 receipt, it's easier to download my order history from my gateway. Therefore, I'd like to pass some additional info that's not included in tracking.csv:
eg: quantity, item number, shipping info etc.

Whe can I pull these variables from on the fly?
Rich

#2 08-15-2002 17:43:44

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Passing Additional Info to Our Gateway

Hmm.... As far as I know, ViaKlix doesn't have any additional fields for you to use for that, do they?  If they do, you're talking about mods needed to ste_checkout.pl.

Nick Hendler

#3 08-15-2002 17:55:15

Nick-
Viaklix has a whole range of additional fields that can be required or optional. Plus, you can define your own for your account.

I guess what I'm getting at is this:
I need a reports of completed sales in order fulfill the orders. Emails won't do it for me. With VK, when I run a credit card batch, it's archived to a discreet tab delimited file, which I download into an Excel template and fax off to the fulfillmet house. Also, VK doesn't drop rejected credit transactions into the file, so i don't have to worry about manually culling those.

I'd prefer to use CCP for this, but I don't see in the Reports, File utilities or  Orders sections where that's available. Therefore, I'd need to pass into VK things like description and Shipping Address.

Am I missing something?

Oh, By the Way. Finally got the cgi-bin running under the secure server. What do we need to do to have the checkout page come up under HTTPS?
Rich

#4 08-15-2002 18:06:10

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I'll have to look at that for you at some point next week.  We've got to get this update out ASAP.  Have you considered using the order fulfillment email option - that should send your shipper everything they need automatically.

For the order form URLs, set them in Global Settings | Manage Program Settings.  I think the secure paths are the top two fields in that function.

Nick Hendler

#5 08-15-2002 18:14:53

Order fulfillment email wouldn't work, Nick. The order isn't actually paid until the transactions are settled. Are most people here working off of individual emails rather than a batched transmittal?

Regardless, I don't think I'm explaining myself properly:
CCP5 captures information about the order, the payor and the recipient in the checkout process....obvious, because it records same, right?

I should be able to snatch the ship-to addy as easily a the bill-to addy and pull them into the form sent to ViaKlix.
What am I missing here?
Rich

#6 08-15-2002 21:17:04

Will
Website

Hmmm, everything should be captured of the order.  You could probably pull things out of mysql fairly easy if your using that.  It would also be in a csv somewhere.  It should have all the data you need.

Will
wwwstnecorp.com
(New cart to be online as soon as I've got it looking right)

Will

#7 08-16-2002 00:06:38

Thanks Will.
I agree...in a perfect world. From what I can see, CCP bifurcates the data and doesn't carry all the values from order to checkout....only the ones necessary for the card processor.

What surprises me more than that is how outstanding CCP is on the front end vs the back end. I guess most users are releasing orders based on the Cart; accepting payments based on the CC processor and hoping both are in sync???

I'm not complaining.....actually, I think the software is OUTSTANDING for our purposes. It's got features that I never even contemplated and which make our job much easier. But the mechanics of processing each order based on an  email, going back in and confirming shipment  one at a time and tracking only on the web is a bit ponderous.

Like everything else with the software, I'm certain I'm missing something! :-)
Rich

#8 08-16-2002 06:22:50

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Most users are doing everything based on the cart emails - just making sure they get one from the processor.  I understand your fulfillment issue, but still think the shipper email will work.  Can't you send it to yourself (perhaps a separate POP account) and forward it to the shipper once you're sure the order cleared?

The problem with passing the shipping info to the processor is that each item can technically have different shipping info and by the time the processor display is printed only the last item in the cart's info is available (and that may not even be complete if the last item is not shipped).  That is for processors where you're using their order form.  For using your own order form, that info is not present at all when the processor code is printed.

A fairly simple mod to the cc entry routine could pick data up randomly and pass it to the processor, but as I said, only for one item.  Having the ability to do multiple shipping addresses and select items to be not available for shipment poses a slight issue in this instance.

Nick Hendler

#9 08-16-2002 07:48:23

Will
Website

OK, I was somewhat right.  I went looking in to the tables and what not.  I have several tables that I am running from mySql.  in mysql I have two tabels. trackig and trackitem.   tracking has the order, trackitem has each item from the order, with the order# a linking key.  you could build a system that automatically pulls the data from the database daily.  Build a database on your system that imports it in, you basically want to look for the correct "tracking_status" code.  Very doable.  I'm actually planning to build a system to pull the orders down once a day, so that I can import the vital information directly in to my UPS Worldship software and generate shipping labels.  Currently up until I get this done I've done a lot of copy and pasting in to the software from the emails.  The data is there, you just have to harvest it.  If they have more than one item, each item will have it's on entry in the trackitem table.  You should be able to pull the same information if it's mysql or CSV Files. 

Will
wwwstnecorp.com
(New cart to be online as soon as I've got it looking right)

Will

#10 08-16-2002 09:29:03

Nick-
Of course you're right. The multiple items issue makes it pretty much a non-starter.

Will-
Brilliant. Are you gonna share the module when done?
Rich

Board footer