Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-06-2004 18:47:13

Lisaweb

Export To Froogle Hack

Hi all,

I need to submit my shopping cart data on Froogle.  I'm certain hundreds of CCP users want this as well. 

I got approved, and they gave me instructions to create a data-feed to send them.

It's basically a tab delimited text file, using the following fields: 

Code:

product_url, name, description, price, image_url, category 

Sample:
http://www.example.com/asp/sp.asp?productid=1006, Widget name, Widget description, 10.99, http:// www.example.com/images/1006.jpg, Home & Garden Category > Kitchen > Accessories 

Can anyone create a hack that will allow these fields to be exported from CCP to a .csv file?  (one thing - I know it's going to have to grab the base URL and add it to the product URL and image URL names, etc. as this is not stored with the URL data.)

Nick?  I'd be happy to fork over a few dineros for this one.

Thanks to all,
Lisa

#2 01-06-2004 20:51:38

lgbsteve
Website

Re: Export To Froogle Hack

While your waiting for someone to write a hack.
This might help.  If you export your data as a csv file and import into Excel you can then create a new field and paste this formula into it.  I inserted a field at "A" in my example.

=CONCATENATE("http://www.example.com/asp/sp.asp?productid=",B2,",",C2,",",AC2,",",F2,",","http://www.example.com/images/",T2,",","Home & Garden Category > Kitchen > Accssories")

Change fields to match your structure then paste into all your rows.

Save your file as a csv and reopen it prior to deleting all the fields except your formula field.  If you're comfortable with Paste Special you can highlite your fuction column and just paste special over its self.  Otherwise since its a formula field the new data will dissappear when you delete the linking fields.

Save as your new csv file and then upload to froogle.

Steve
Collecting Little Golden Books

#3 01-06-2004 21:07:42

Lisaweb

Okay, this is just a bit over my head...

I had already tried exporting my product.csv file and editing it in Excel, it was great for the product, description, price, and even the image file names (complete URL path easily added to those, because it's the same for all) but then entering in the individual product URLS and categories was too time consuming. 

Can you give me greater detail on the Excel formula? Where exactly it goes, how it works?  I know most of my way around in Excel, so if I can just understand how to implement it, I'd definitely use it. 

Thanks,
Lisa

#4 01-06-2004 22:48:47

lgbsteve
Website

Open in Excel product.csv
Click on column "A"  and insert a new column
Row 1 should contain you Column Names.
Copy the following into cell A2

Cell Column         Column Name
B2                        product_id
C2                        product_name
AC2                      product_desclong
F2                         product_regprice
T2                        product_imglg

Change the above Cell Columns if not the same fields you want.

The  Function =CONCATENATE() will combine all the cell information and text into one cell.

Click on Column  "A" and  Copy column
while still on highlited Column "A"  Click edit and Paste Special.  Choose Values

The Paste Special will now change the formula information in text (values).  You can now delete all the other columns or simply copy the column "A" into a new spread sheet and save as froogle.csv or whatever else you want to call it.

The above will then get you a record like:

I was assuming that your category   because of the ">" was text.  If it appears this way in your  category  field then replace this text in the formula with AZ2 for .

Hope I explained it better this time.

Steve
Collecting Little Golden Books

#5 01-08-2004 11:49:42

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I'm working on a paid support request for this right now that will put a Froogle export into the admin export menu for Lisa.

Nick Hendler

#6 01-19-2004 17:28:17

Lisaweb

Thanks, Nick!

It works absolutely beautifully!  Saved me about 40 hours and one bad migraine!

Thanks again,
Lisa

#7 01-20-2004 01:53:20

modiphier
Website

Hi,

Is this mod available??

R U NUKED?

#8 01-20-2004 19:24:59

modiphier
Website

Hi,

I tried the suggestion above but I'm totally lost... Nick did you ever finish this mod and if so can I purchase it. I am using tiki with some mods from the forum.

I am close to completing the froogle registration and am looking forward to getting this implemented.

Thanks

R U NUKED?

#9 01-23-2004 22:11:51

modiphier
Website

Thanks but I did it manually and have been accepted and listed already.

R U NUKED?

#10 01-27-2004 09:56:12

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Anybody that wants this installed should submit a quote request form.

Nick Hendler

#11 04-18-2004 14:50:48

tmushy

looking everywhere cant find where you export products to csv

#12 04-23-2004 11:06:09

webmaster
Administrator
Website

This hack was just released as an add-on module to tiki.  No need to hack it in yourself.

Nick Hendler

#13 05-03-2004 23:54:29

Tom Slick
Website

Hi,

I tried this export and it works rather nicely.  The only problem I had was when went to get it approved by Google.  They wrote me back abd said that they would not honor zero pricing.  I though ... Huh?

Anyway, I found out that many of my products were option based.  When the export grabs then it treats them as zero prices.  Is there a fix we can do for this?  Meanwhile, I can just open it in Excel and sort out the zero prices.

Thanks,
Tom

#14 05-04-2004 08:13:32

webmaster
Administrator
Website

There's no way to pull in the options because of the format of the Google import file, so the best way to do this is to elimintate them from the export.  To do this, open up the file ./cgi-bin/library/modules/adm_froogle.pl for editing and look for:

Code:

$export_file1 .= "$field_product_url\t$field_name\t$field_description\t$field_price\t$field_image_url\t$field_category$eol_string";

And change to:

Code:

if ($field_price > "0") {

$export_file1 .= "$field_product_url\t$field_name\t$field_description\t$field_price\t$field_image_url\t$field_category$eol_string";

} ######### End of if statement.

Nick Hendler

#15 05-08-2004 09:50:20

Tom Slick
Website

Nick,

I changed that code in my pl file and I am still getting zero pricing.  Any thoughts?

Thanks

Board footer