Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-13-2002 10:11:38

2 questions Re: options , email

Hello,

So far, I really like the new CCP5 but, I am having some difficulty in a few areas.

1. OPTIONS - I have quite a few products and therefore several different options.  With CCP4, there was a field for option display name (ex. Size) and a place to describe that option (ex Size - M-XL) and then a place to fill in the option choices.  The description showed up in the scrolling list of options, so it was easy to find which one you were looking for.  Now, all I can view is the Option display name which is often the same for many of the option choices, so it is hard to tell what is what w/o opening each one up.  For example, Size - S-XL and Size XS-L would both simply show up as Size.  Is there a ways to show that description field again in the admin area so that the options are easier to manage?  It seems silly to change all of the display names to something like Size (S-XL) when the S-XL is in the dropdown list already on the customer's screen. 

2. EMAIL - Although I had no trouble with email on CCP4, when I upgraded to CCP5, it stopped working.  I know that the SMTP setting is correct as it worked on CCP4 and I also use it with several other scripts at work (I work for my ISP).  Any thoughts?

Thank you!
Jenn

#2 08-13-2002 10:36:21

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: 2 questions Re: options , email

For your option issue, edit the file:

./data/tables/config_optionprod.csv

Where you see the line:

optionprod_id,SYSTEM,Option Ref String,30,Y,TEXTBOX-REG,,,N

Change it to read:

optionprod_id,SYSTEM,Option Ref String,30,Y,TEXTBOX-REG,,,Y

This will display the id then the name in the listing.

Nick Hendler

#3 08-13-2002 10:37:04

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: 2 questions Re: options , email

Also, for your email situation, please email ec@kryptronic.com your FTP info and we'll take a look.  If it works in CCP4, it should work in CCP5.

Nick Hendler

Board footer