Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-10-2002 22:47:25

Download products options?

Maybe Im missing it but where is the documentation for having downloadable products? I see the fields to say if something is downloadable and the file name but how is it setup? Does an order have to be approved before a download is enabled? Can we set the area where the downloadable files are stored? Are their limits on the downloads? Do user names/password expire? Are they assigned automaticly? How does a user log in for the download?

All these questions ... no FAQ? smile

Maybe I missed it, if so kick me in the butt and tell me where I should be looking.

I already have a download system built for my client but if it could be tied in with the shopping cart that'd be great.

He has 2 main concerns though, downloads cant be automatic, the order must be reviewed first. And he stores all files outside the web viewable directories for added security. Both very wise features for the security conscious. Supported?

Cheers,
Myros

#2 08-11-2002 07:07:50

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Download products options?

Here's a breakdown:

(1) Upload the downloadable file to the ./data/downloads directory.  It's not web accessible.

(2) Password protect the ./media/downloads directory and enter the username/pass in Global Settings | Manage Program Settings.

(3) Add a product and insert the download file name and mark it as downloadable.

(4) When a user orders a downloadable file a copy of the file in ./data/downloads is placed in ./media/downloads with their user number prepended to the file name (so nobody can access that folder who knows the user/pass and start guessing at which files to download).  The download instructions are sent out for every order type except contact customer, check payment and purhcase order - because for all three of those payment info has not been collected.

Nick Hendler

#3 08-11-2002 08:06:39

Thanks WM, guess it wont work as is then. When I get time maybe I'll re-write parts to be more like what the company needs, its a great feature.

Thanks for the info.

Myros

#4 08-11-2002 08:15:06

webmaster
Administrator
Website

One other thing.  The download user copies are deleted according to the setting in Globabl Settings | Manage Program Settings (default is 3 days).

Nick Hendler

Board footer