Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-10-2002 20:35:52

Authorize.net (success anyone?)

Are Authorize.net, Planet Payment, RTware & 2CheckOut all the same?

I have Authorize.Net - Secure Server set to active and I set up everything on my authorize.net account as per the ccp5 manual, but when I try to process an order (using my cc as a customer) I get ccp5 error message "Unfortunately, our online processing partner was unable to accept your transaction."

I notice that when I try and submit it goes to https://secure.rtware.net/gateway/transact.dll

So are rtware and authorize.net the same?

I login to my authorize.net account and check the transactions log and there is nothing in the "failed/rejected" area.

HELP!

#2 08-10-2002 21:06:40

Re: Authorize.net (success anyone?)

Just got off the phone with Authorize.net
They said that rtware.net is a reseller of authorize.net but do not think that the urls are the same in processing.

I looked at the ste_gw_authnetan payment option code and it says:

<FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll">

This should be correct.

But when I go and checkout and "view source" the html of the page where you submit your credit card info, it says:

<FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="https://secure.rtware.net/gateway/transact.dll">

So, where is this hard coded? I can't find it.
HELP, HELP, ME RHONDA! HELP HELP ME! smile
Greg

#3 08-10-2002 21:30:15

webmaster
Administrator
Website

That URL is in the 'Form Content' field when editing the Authnet - Secure Server setup.  Thanks for noticing the incorrect URL - we'll replace it in the install file.

Nick Hendler

#4 08-10-2002 23:09:24

I was trying to use the secure server setup but looking in the form script (which has it correctly) - DOH!
Guess I needed a second pair of eyes...

But, that did not completely fix my problems. I found I had to do two more things to get an order to finally go thru. In your script for authorize.net secure server, I had to change:

<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="x_version" VALUE="3.1">

to

<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="x_version" VALUE="3.0">

Also, something not noted in your manual was I had to change a setting in my authorize.net account. (which I found in their documents after fighting an hour with no error output from the failed processing attempts).

I had to change "Require Password for ALL Transactions" to "NO" under Automated Direct Connect (ADC) Settings.
I guess the default is YES. But if you leave it at that you have to supply an input type x_password that has a value of your authorize.net password. I rather not do that.

Well, it has been a long night, but I finally got an order to process and the site is now live!

Regards,
Greg

#5 08-11-2002 07:09:58

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Thanks for the tips.  For the 3.1 (the one that uses CVV2 codes) that does have to be enabled on your account.  The password feature is a new one that we were not aware of.  We will be upating our docs with that.

Nick Hendler

#6 10-10-2002 10:58:10

henryca

I have tried every trick found in this forum and I cannot get authorize.net to process the transaction via ClickCartPro.  Please help.

CAH

#7 10-11-2002 15:44:55

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Did you read the manual?  All the steps are in there.

Nick Hendler

#8 10-11-2002 17:02:32

henryca

I read the manual and followed all the instructions.  I also read up on the problems in the forum similar to mine and corrected a few errors that I could have made.  Still I have no luck making this work.  Please help me.  I'm trying to roll out my website but I'm stuck at this point...

Please help me

CAH

#9 10-12-2002 09:55:46

webmaster
Administrator
Website

If you are 100% sure that you followed every step in the manual for the Authnet side, then the problem has to be with your CCP setup.  Maybe a field or two got messed up in your Authnet payment method setup.  Compare what you have to what's in the online admin demo at:

http://www.clickcartpro.com/clickcartpro/admin

Username: visitor
Password: visitor

Make sure all of your fields match what's in the demo (with the exception of the Active field) then copy and paste the form content section from the demo into your form content section.  Change the tag 'your_username' to your Authnet username and update.  Then test.  If you still have an error, your problem is on the Authnet side and the best thing I can tell you to do is to read the manual on that and check all of your settings over there.  Be sure you're looking at the correct manual page:

http://www.clickcartpro.com/app/cgi-bin … ual_ordmth

Nick Hendler

#10 10-13-2002 02:12:07

henryca

Followed the instructions to a "t"

Matched it up against yours as u recommended.  Re-read the manual and did a step by step configuration as per the manual and I am having the same problem.  The card is not the problem and the real time processing is not the problem.  I've already called authorize.net and they said all is fine.  I used the card that I'm testing with today so that works fine.  I've reinstalled the script and reconfigured everthing.  I've reconfigured the authorize.net settings though everything remains the same as I had it before... I followed the instructions to a "t".  What could be wrong.

I've taken it out of test mode.  I put an item for .01 cents.  I'm using the payment form as u recommended.  I went through the motions but what I'm seeing is that it lists the credit cards available but it doesn't give me the option to select which one... though I can put in my credit card number and expiration date and submit.  It would actually try to authenticate but fail.

CAH

#11 10-14-2002 09:59:38

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Are you in live mode when you get the failure?  Test mode will always return a failure.

Are you entering your credit card info on an https connection?

Are you perhaps using an Amex where your Authnet account is only setup for Visa/Mastercard?

Nick Hendler

Board footer