Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-09-2002 20:51:24

Email

Hello,

I have a quick question about setting up email. So far I have tried the default setting, tried using mail.readyhosting.com and a variety of other formats. Nothing worked.

If anyone has suggestions on how to get email working on a Windows 2000 server please let me know. Apparently, the encrpt. code is sent via email. Do you need to decode every order, or just the first order?

#2 08-10-2002 10:13:12

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Email

You've got to get that information from your host.  Additionally, make sure you're using a valid customer email, and have a valid 'Primary Order Email Address' and 'Send Orders To Primary Address' is set to 'Yes' in Global Settings | Manage Store Settings.

Nick Hendler

#3 08-12-2002 21:46:03

Mines not working either. On the local host it'll run the script but not send the email. On the web server the script won't finish and it'll eventually time out. With CCP4 the script will finish and display the thank you screen, but the email never gets sent. We believe it's a perl issue. I have version 5.6.1 on the local host and the webserver has 5.6.0. We've been working with it on and off all day today without any success. Tomorrow we'll upgrade to version 5.6.1 on the web server and see what happens.

#4 08-13-2002 07:50:30

webmaster
Administrator
Website

As long as your server has an SMTP server, and you're using good addresses for to/from, the mail should send.  Have either of you checked with your host for the proper SMTP server name/IP?

Nick Hendler

#5 08-13-2002 09:21:00

I'm working with my webhost. The name is not the problem. They use the same server for websites and email accounts. They installed the latest version of ASPerl and that didn't work. I'm going to delete and re-upload the mail script and see what happens.

#6 08-13-2002 10:27:46

webmaster
Administrator
Website

It really shouldn't be that hard.  Are they positive your server has access to use the SMTP server?  You can test by finding an open relay server on the web and trying that.

Nick Hendler

#7 08-13-2002 13:29:46

My host is having a server problem and won't be able to help on this individual problem until later tonight or tomorrow. In the mean time I'm going to get a relay and try it. Just to be sure the problem is with the server.
I'll let you know what we get.

Hey! Thanks

#8 08-13-2002 13:41:45

On second thought that wouldn't prove anything. My email works fine and it's the same SMTP server that the website is using.

Tom did you get yours to work? Is anybody else running CCP5 on Windows 2000 having an Email problem?

#9 08-13-2002 22:52:35

Hello,

No - I didn't get E-mail to work, but have not had much time to spend on the project. Been busy trying to get my hosting company to upgrade perl components so I can use SQL. Also worried about speed, CCP5 is loading slugishly. The address is: http://www.railsnw.com/cgi-bin/ccp5/cp-app.pl if anyone has time to check it out and provide some feedback on the load speed.

I like what I see of CCP 5, Nick outdid himself with this release.

#10 08-14-2002 06:43:51

webmaster
Administrator
Website

It is a bit sluggish.  You're going to see some speed drop off on any Windows machine, but it shouldn't be that much.  I got this message from Brian West while testing, you may want to pass it along to your host: "if you change the application settings on IIS to Isolated(High) it runs a bit faster."

Nick Hendler

Board footer