Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-07-2002 22:15:53

Registration Problem

I understand that much of our work in  posting (and work by members assisting) is being deleted to "consolidate the problems".

However, I earlier posted a problem that is no longer shown in any thread on this Forum. Therefore, I'm forced to REDO MY WORK and post it again. I don't much mind this, as I'm only THE PAYING CUSTOMER. It's OK.

Here's the problem:
I've installed version 5. When I go to the Admin Panel and enter my Registration info, including tracking number for Ver4 OR Ver5, I get the following message:
"ERROR: Failed to connect to the central registration server. Perhaps the server is offline. Please try again later."

Now, I realize the time taken to post this message is not valued, except to me. But I would request a RESPONSE vs a DELETE nonetheless.

Thanks so much-
A CUSTOMER

#2 08-07-2002 22:20:16

Re: Registration Problem

Having now read the "blanket" solution post.

No, the problem didn't occur between 12:00 and 12:10 today...we've been trying to Register the PAID product for 8 hours. At least one of those attempts was outside this time frame.
Rich

#3 08-07-2002 22:20:35

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Rich- Your post was just answered in our consolidation and via email.  Either check your inbox or the consolidated post.

Nick Hendler

#4 08-07-2002 22:23:39

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Thanks for the update.  Please email ec@kryptronic.com your FTP login info and they'll look at it in the AM.  There is a definite issue with LWP on your server as our server is processing the registration and sending a valid response back - we see that in our log.

Nick Hendler

#5 08-07-2002 22:39:11

I'm sorry Webmaster. FTP Access is not enabled on our Server. Nor do I provide SSH password info by email. One crash by hack was quite enough, thanks.

Now, this shouldn't be difficult  stuff. The permissions are obviously correct as I'm able to run the admin.cgi. Just what is "LWP" and whare can I research ways to enable/fix/force it? You are stating that this is a problem on OUR side, yes?

Rich

#6 08-07-2002 23:09:04

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Yes, the problem is on your side.  LWP is a Perl module used to connect to remote servers via http behind the scenes.  Your server is connecting to ours and we're validating the registration, but somewhere in LWP you're reading an error.  We've emailed you a workaround for this, but you really should have LWP looked at.

Nick Hendler

#7 08-07-2002 23:16:07

Awaiting the email work-around.  Not yet received.
Thanks for the responses.
Rich

#8 08-07-2002 23:35:21

Email received.
Thanks
Rich

#9 08-08-2002 07:38:35

I am having the same problem.  I sent an email.

#10 08-08-2002 08:10:25

webmaster
Administrator
Website

We're going to be releasing an updated version later today that will address this issue among others.  Please stay tuned for an update.

Nick Hendler

Board footer